Disappointed that comments were taken out of context: Rahul Dravid
New Delhi: Former Indian cricket captain Rahul Dravid has claimed that his comments on restoring the credibility of the game, after the recent IPL spot-fixing scandal, have been taken out of context.
"It is disappointing that my comments have been taken out of context by some sections of the media," Dravid was quoted as saying in a tweet posted by `ESPNCricinfo`, the website to which he gave the interview.
Dravid had expressed anguish over the recent IPL spot-fixing scandal and its fallout, saying that restoring the credibility of the game is of utmost importance failing which cricketers may lose respect of their fans.
"There are so many fans and so many people who care deeply about this game and it is because of these fans that we are who we are as cricketers.”
"Administrators are there because of the fans and the cricketers to run this game, so credibility of a game, or a board, or even a government for that matter, is important irrespective of what you do. If you are in public life it is important," he had said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you