Disciplined dressing room is the key: Bose
New Delhi: Senior pacer Ranadeb Bose termed it the “discipline in the dressing room” being the reason for Bengal looking a different side this season.
“The Bengal cricket has gone through a lot of turmoil in the recent years. It has gone through a transition phase. There were no settled playing XI in the past few seasons. With W V Raman’s introduction, things have changed.
“He has brought in the much required discipline and the dressing room atmosphere has changed a lot,” said Ranadeb, who took three of the four wickets today to ensure three points for Bengal against Delhi.
When questioned whether he can find the Raman-era somewhat similar to Paras Mhambrey’s time, Ranadeb said, “Raman and Paras are two different human beings and different coaches. But yes, the emphasis on discipline and work ethics is same.”
Asked whether he has ever bowled close to 45 overs in an innings, he said, “I can’t remember. Myself and Dinda bowled almost 90 overs which goes to show that we have been maintaining a good fitness level.
“Also myself and Dinda complimented each other well. While bowling in tandem with him, I felt like I was bowling with my old-mate Shib Shankar Paul. Me and Paul shared a very fruitful new-ball partnership for three seasons. Myself and Dinda are slowly getting there,” Bose said.
Delhi captain Mithun Manhas felt that some of the batsmen in him and Shikhar Dhawan should have converted their starts in to big scores.
“Also their (Bengal) bowlers stuck to a disciplined line which was the key. We should have bowled better. As far as the pitch is concerned, it was same for both the teams. They played better than us and that’s why they are going back with three points,” Manhas said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH
- I may not be with CM Akhilesh Yadav, but will always be with Mulayam Singh Yadav's son: Amar Singh