‘Disgraced’ Pak bowler Asif to reveal all about ‘spot-fixing’ scandal in new book
Islamabad: Disgraced Pakistan fast bowler Mohammad Asif is set to reveal startling facts about the spot-fixing scandal, which shamed Pakistani cricket in 2010 during the Lord’s Test, in a new book penned by renowned cricket writer, Kamran Abbasi.
Abbasi, who is a doctor by profession but has followed and written on cricket for almost 40 years, is writing a blow-by-blow account on Asif’s life as a cricketer but specifically his alleged role in the spot fixing scandal, the News reports.
Asif was convicted along with fellow players captain Salman Butt, Mohammed Amir and their agent Mazhar Majeed in the spot-fixing scandal.
At the Southwark Crown Court Butt was jailed for two and a half years for his role as the orchestrator of a plot to bowl deliberate no-balls; Mohammad Amir was given six-month sentence; Mazhar Majeed jailed for two years and eight months and Asif was jailed for 12-month.
Abbasi said Asif has a great story to tell, as he has been one of the world``s best pace bowlers, playing during a fascinating period in the history of Pakistan cricket Abbasi added that Asif is single-minded to prove his innocence and will fight until his name his cleared.
The doctor-turned cricket write said Asif wants to return to the game he loves and overturn this miscarriage of justice. But there is much else to tell of his exciting and incident packed career in cricket.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack