Dissent rising against N Srinivasan within BCCI
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: If reports are to be believed then several North Zone members may boycott the working committee meeting of the BCCI, scheduled to be held tomorrow.
Many members in the North Zone are of the view that N Srinivasan should not return as the president of the BCCI and are ready to skip the working committee meeting to show their displeasure over it.
There are reports that there is also a rift between the interim BCCI president Jagmohan Dalmiya and president-in-exile Srinivasan.
Meanwhile the Bombay High Court order has created a lot of confusion within the Board and interim chief Jagmohan Dalmiya has no clue yet as to who will chair the Working Committee meeting on August 2.
"Who will chair August 2 meeting? I myself do not know where is the chair... Let me first understand where do I stand... I do not have any information officially. This however does not mean there is some difference with the BCCI," Jagmohan Dalmiya had said.
Srinivasan could stage a comeback as BCCI chief as early as August 2 when the Board`s Working Committee and the IPL Governing Council meet in New Delhi to take a final call on the issue.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Brexit: UK goes to polls in knife-edge EU referendum; over 46 million people to decide Britain's fate
- 'US will continue to expand defense systems to protect South Korea, regional allies from North Korean missiles'
- Bandits kill 31 bush taxi passengers in Madagascar
- North Korean leader Kim Jong-Un hails successful test of new missile, says it can strike US Pacific bases
- LIC chairman S K Roy resigns two years before his term ends