Abhishek slams 113 to help Mumbai to 284 against Punjab
Chennai: Mumbai skipper and all-rounder Abhishek Nayar slammed a century (113) to help his side make 284 all out in the allotted 90 overs against Punjab in the final of the Buchi Babu Memorial Cricket tournament here on Sunday.
Electing to bat, Mumbai lost their openers cheaply and then Kaustab Pawar (31) and Abhishek Nayar got together to redeem the situation.
The pair added 95 runs for the third wicket in 28.1 overs.
Left-hander Abhishek hammered 12 fours and two sixes in his 247 minute stay at the wicket. He faced 165 balls.
Later, Vikrant Yeligetti chipped in with 34.
Punjab’s leg spinner Rahul Sharma claimed four for 85 in three spells, while medium pacer Love Ablish took 2 for 39.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over India losing NSG membership bid
- Panel discussion over India losing NSG membership bid Part II
- Panel discussion over India losing NSG membership bid Part III
- Panel discussion over India losing NSG membership bid Part IV
- Chennai: Woman Infosys employee stabbed to death at railway station
- Shahid Kapoor-Alia Bhatt's 'Udta Punjab' rakes in moolah, nears Rs 50 crore mark at Box Office
- Shruti Haasan's latest Femina shoot will defy all norms of 'sitting awkwardly' – Pic inside
- Brexit fallout: Sensex crashes 605 points, Nifty takes 181 points hit
- Markandey Katju's hilarious take on PM Modi's foreign trips after NSG setback, here is what he said
- Is ginger the new pill for morning sickness?