Abhishek slams 113 to help Mumbai to 284 against Punjab
Chennai: Mumbai skipper and all-rounder Abhishek Nayar slammed a century (113) to help his side make 284 all out in the allotted 90 overs against Punjab in the final of the Buchi Babu Memorial Cricket tournament here on Sunday.
Electing to bat, Mumbai lost their openers cheaply and then Kaustab Pawar (31) and Abhishek Nayar got together to redeem the situation.
The pair added 95 runs for the third wicket in 28.1 overs.
Left-hander Abhishek hammered 12 fours and two sixes in his 247 minute stay at the wicket. He faced 165 balls.
Later, Vikrant Yeligetti chipped in with 34.
Punjab’s leg spinner Rahul Sharma claimed four for 85 in three spells, while medium pacer Love Ablish took 2 for 39.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- Delhi court restrains release of controversial movie 'Mohalla Assi'
- Lalitgate: Centre denies deal with Congress over Sushma Swaraj, Vasundhara Raje