Abhishek slams 113 to help Mumbai to 284 against Punjab
Chennai: Mumbai skipper and all-rounder Abhishek Nayar slammed a century (113) to help his side make 284 all out in the allotted 90 overs against Punjab in the final of the Buchi Babu Memorial Cricket tournament here on Sunday.
Electing to bat, Mumbai lost their openers cheaply and then Kaustab Pawar (31) and Abhishek Nayar got together to redeem the situation.
The pair added 95 runs for the third wicket in 28.1 overs.
Left-hander Abhishek hammered 12 fours and two sixes in his 247 minute stay at the wicket. He faced 165 balls.
Later, Vikrant Yeligetti chipped in with 34.
Punjab’s leg spinner Rahul Sharma claimed four for 85 in three spells, while medium pacer Love Ablish took 2 for 39.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Live: Jayalalithaa passes away after suffering cardiac arrest; Panneerselvam takes oath as new CM of Tamil Nadu
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest