Binny lifts Karnataka to 254 against HP
Dharmasala: All-rounder Stuart Binny (109) slammed a brilliant century as Karnataka recovered from an early slump to post a modest 254 in their first innings on the opening day of their Ranji Trophy Super League Group B match against Himachal Pradesh here on Wednesday.
Binny forged a 155-run sixth wicket partnership with Amit Verma (76) to steady the Karnataka ship after pacer Mohinderraj Sharma`s three-wicket burst left the visitors tottering at 33 for four in 15.5 overs.
Binny had 17 hits to the fence in his 181-ball innings, while Amit cracked nine boundaries to lift the visitors from 33/4 to 201 for six.
Binny then added 48 runs with Adithya Sagar to help his team cross the 250-mark.
In reply, Himachal Pradesh openers Sangram Singh (1) and Hemant Dogra (0) had to negotiate just one over before stumps were drawn at the Himachal Pradesh Cricket Association Stadium.
Earlier, left-arm medium pacer Sharma responded to skipper Paras Dogra`s decision to field and scalped three top-order batsmen -- Lokesh Rahul (3), Ganesh Satish (10) and Manish Pandey (0).
He also took the prized wicket of Binny and tail-ender Abhimanyu Mithun (0) in the fag end of Karnataka`s first essay.
Vikramjeet Malik provided the early breakthrough for the hosts as he removed opener K B Pawan in the fifth ball of the innings caught by Dogra.
Sharma then dismissed Rahul caught behind by wicketkeeper Manvinder Bisla. The 25-year-old then returned with yet another fierce spell during which he snapped Ganesh Satish (10) and Pandey in consecutive balls to leave Karnataka gasping for breath.
Amit and Binny then took the charge and engaged in a much-needed partnership to rescue Karnataka.
Karnataka 1st innings: 254 all out in 86.3 overs (Amit Verma 76, Stuart Binny 109; Mohinderraj Sharma 5/29).
Himachal Pradesh 1st innings: 1/0 in 1 over.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state