Buchi Babu Trophy to start from August 15
Chennai: The Tamil Nadu Cricket Association (TNCA) has invited 11 state teams from different parts of the country to compete in the seven-decade old Buchi Babu Memorial cricket tournament starting here on August 15.
There will be three local teams in TNCA President`s XI, TNCA City XI and TNCA Districts XI.
The Cricket Association of Bengal is sending their all the leading batsmen including skipper Laxmi Ratan Shukla and Manoj Tiwary for the tournament as newly appointed CAB joint secretary Sourav Ganguly wants all top players to quickly get into the groove.
According to a release sent by TNCA secretary Kasi Viswanathan, 14 teams are divided into 4 zones with three teams each in zones A & C and four teams in zone B & D. The top two teams from each zone will qualify for the knock-out phase.
The response to our invitation to participate in this Tournament has been overwhelming. Due to time constraint all the matches will be of two days duration restricted to 100 overs per innings.
The matches will be played on turf wickets in nine grounds situated in and around the City of Chennai.
The prize money for the winners and runners will be Rs 1 lakh and Rs 50,000 respectively and Rs 25,000 each to the losing semi-finalists.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened