Buchi Babu Trophy to start from August 15
Chennai: The Tamil Nadu Cricket Association (TNCA) has invited 11 state teams from different parts of the country to compete in the seven-decade old Buchi Babu Memorial cricket tournament starting here on August 15.
There will be three local teams in TNCA President`s XI, TNCA City XI and TNCA Districts XI.
The Cricket Association of Bengal is sending their all the leading batsmen including skipper Laxmi Ratan Shukla and Manoj Tiwary for the tournament as newly appointed CAB joint secretary Sourav Ganguly wants all top players to quickly get into the groove.
According to a release sent by TNCA secretary Kasi Viswanathan, 14 teams are divided into 4 zones with three teams each in zones A & C and four teams in zone B & D. The top two teams from each zone will qualify for the knock-out phase.
The response to our invitation to participate in this Tournament has been overwhelming. Due to time constraint all the matches will be of two days duration restricted to 100 overs per innings.
The matches will be played on turf wickets in nine grounds situated in and around the City of Chennai.
The prize money for the winners and runners will be Rs 1 lakh and Rs 50,000 respectively and Rs 25,000 each to the losing semi-finalists.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cairn-Vedanta merger to happen by 2016-end: Anil Agarwal
- Withdraw your children from Pakistan schools - India's advisory to diplomats
- Iraq overtakes Saudi Arabia as India's top oil seller
- STOP THIS SHAME! Pakistani doctor living in Gujarat tried to molest 16-year-old patient?
- Karnataka: KSRTC strike affects commuters, Bengaluru worst hit