Carberry strokes unbeaten 300 in record partnership
London: Hampshire batsman Michael Carberry might have caught the attention of England selectors after amassing 300 runs on Friday during a stand of 523 -- a record third wicket first-class partnership in England.
Neil McKenzie also scored 237 in the stand during the domestic match with Yorkshire which ended in a draw.
Carberry played his only Test against Bangladesh last year but with regular England number three Jonathan Trott nursing a shoulder injury, the 30-year-old made a case for selection in the third Test against India starting on Wednesday at Edgbaston.
Carberry, whose boasts 34 as his highest Test score but has been out for nine months with blood clots on his lung, stroked 43 fours and belted two sixes during his 412-ball knock.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Virat Kohli: Amid break-up rumors, cricketer spends time with most beautiful woman
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- 'Afzal Guru amar rahe', 'Kashmir lekar rahenge' slogans raised at Press Club of India