De Boorder`s ton put Kiwis in command
Christchurch, Feb 4: Skipper De Boorder (109) struck a magnificent century as hosts New Zealand took a commanding 176-run lead in the third and decisive Test at Bert Sutcliffe oval on Sunday.
Boorder was supported well by Jeet Rawal as the duo helped New Zealand post 300 runs in their first innings.
Piyush Chawla was once again among wickets and the leggie took four for 59 to reign in the Kiwis who looked threatening after starting the day at 112 for two.
Meanwhile, the Indian colts started their second essay on a strong note posting 76 without loss.
At the draw of stumps, Ravi Teja was leading the Indian reply with a well-made 46.
The three-match series is squared at 1-1. While India won the first `Test` here, the hosts came back strongly to level the series at Dunedin.
Brief scorecard: India 1st innings: 124 all out New Zealand 1st innings: 300 (a De Boorder 109, Rawal 70, Morgan 34, Chawla 4-59, Sharma 3-104.)
India second innings: 76 without loss
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical