Joginder helps North Zone retain Deodhar trophy
Jaipur: A fiery spell by Man of the Match Joginder Sharma (6 for 40) enabled North Zone drub West Zone by five wickets and retain the Deodhar Trophy here on Wednesday.
West Zone`s decision to bat first on a lively wicket backfired as Joginder along with Ishant Sharma (3 for 22) bowled them out for 101 in 26.3 overs.
It was a only due to a late surge by Iqbal Abdullah (28) that helped them get past the three-figure mark.
In reply, North, after a steady start lost a few quick wickets, but the small target did not test them much.
Ravi Inder Singh (43) and Paras Dogra (34) played resolutely to help their team reach the target.
West Zone: 101 al out in 26.3 over (Rohit Sharma 16, Iqbal Abdullah 28, Joginder Sharma 6 for 40, Ishant Sharma 3 for 22, Sumit Narwal 1 for 22).
North Zone: 107 for 5 in 29.1 over (Ravi Inder Singh 43, Paras Dogra 34, J Unadkat 2 for 17, I Abdullah 1 for 19)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- Shocking CCTV footage of a woman assaulting her mother-in-law
- Quota row: Hardik Patel threatens Gujarat’s govt again
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Mumbai police to probe if RK Singh's claims on Dawood Ibrahim substantiated
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- After Naved, another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Shocking revelation! Indrani Mukherjea's daughter Sheena Bora was pregnant