Joginder helps North Zone retain Deodhar trophy
Jaipur: A fiery spell by Man of the Match Joginder Sharma (6 for 40) enabled North Zone drub West Zone by five wickets and retain the Deodhar Trophy here on Wednesday.
West Zone`s decision to bat first on a lively wicket backfired as Joginder along with Ishant Sharma (3 for 22) bowled them out for 101 in 26.3 overs.
It was a only due to a late surge by Iqbal Abdullah (28) that helped them get past the three-figure mark.
In reply, North, after a steady start lost a few quick wickets, but the small target did not test them much.
Ravi Inder Singh (43) and Paras Dogra (34) played resolutely to help their team reach the target.
West Zone: 101 al out in 26.3 over (Rohit Sharma 16, Iqbal Abdullah 28, Joginder Sharma 6 for 40, Ishant Sharma 3 for 22, Sumit Narwal 1 for 22).
North Zone: 107 for 5 in 29.1 over (Ravi Inder Singh 43, Paras Dogra 34, J Unadkat 2 for 17, I Abdullah 1 for 19)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- PM Modi condoles APJ Abdul Kalam's death
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- Cricket series can't happen along with terror attacks: Anurag Thakur warns PCB