Dhruv hammers 115 on second day of Corporate Trophy
Chennai: Middle-order batsman Dhruv Singh slammed a superb century to help his team remain in contention as Tata Sports Club coasted to a one-run win over Bharat Petroleum Corporation Limited in their second league match in the Airtel BCCI Corporate Trophy.
Put into bat first, TATAS lost four quick wickets before Dhruv came into bat and steadied their innings after forging three crucial partnerships to guide his team to 265 for eight in allotted 50 overs.
In reply, BPCL`s stylish left-handed batsman Abhishek Nayar came up with almost run a ball effort making a solid 85 runs (9X4, 1X6) before Captain Vinit Indulkar (63, 4x4) and Uday Kaul (62 not out) added 100 runs for the fifth wicket off 90 balls.
With BPCL requiring four runs from the last over, medium pacer Wilkin Mota (2 for 35) took a wicket in the very first ball and then gave away just two runs in the remaining five balls to leave BPCL stranded at 264 for six.
Earlier, Dhruv`s quickfire 115 came off 110 balls and contained nine fours and a six. He put on 62 runs with Nishit (27) for the fifth wicket off 71 balls and then added 84 runs with Wilkin Mota for the sixth off 86 balls.
Dhruv`s stand with Ajit Agarkar (31) yielded 69 runs off just 39 balls for the seventh wicket.
For BPCL, Pragyan Ojha (2 for 40) and Avishkar Salvi (2 for 45) were the main wicket takers.
In yesterday`s match, Tata`s went down to Indian Oil Corporation by six wickets.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'