All eyes on Yuvraj as North take on Central in Duleep semis
Hyderabad: After an inspirational comeback into international cricket since recovering from rare germ cell cancer, Yuvraj Singh will now be back in white flannels as North Zone take on Central Zone in a Duleep Trophy semi-final here beginning Sunday.
The match is of greater significance as the four-day contest will provide some indications as to how Yuvraj`s body responds to the rigours of days` cricket.
While Yuvraj has now started playing Twenty20 internationals, it is the longer version which will test his stamina as he starts another battle --- to try and cement his place in the Indian Test side.
On personal front, Yuvraj seems to be enjoying his stay in Hyderabad as he was found tweeting about city`s famous Paradise restaurant`s Biryani.
"Paradise ki biryani ka swad hi kuch alagh hai! Love the city hyderabad!!" he wrote on his twitter account.
It will be interesting as to how his body responds in case Central Zone bats for at least 120 overs.
However Yuvraj would hope that pacers Ishant Sharma and Parvinder Awana will ensure that Central Zone batsmen can`t make merry at the Uppal Stadium tomorrow.
Apart from Yuvraj whose every move will be keenly followed, skipper Shikhar Dhawan will be another batsman to watch out for. Dhawan who had scored already century and half century in the quarterfinal against West Zone would like to get another big one against the likes of Praveen Kumar, Rituraj Singh, Piyush Chawla and co.
Central`s batting is largely dependant on India aspirant Robin Bist and India discard Mohammed Kaif but for the next four days, it will be Yuvraj Singh who is all set to grab the maximum eyeballs.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani