First day of final Duleep Trophy match washed out
Chennai: Persistent rain has washed out the opening day`s play of the Duleep Trophy final match between Central Zone and East Zone without a ball being bowled here on Sunday.
The conditions were so bad that even the toss could not take place.
The umpires, C Shamsuddin and Vineet Kulkarni, had an inspection at 11.15am and decided against having a toss.
The city has been experiencing constant rains since the past two days, denying the teams any chance of holding practice session outdoors.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living