First day of final Duleep Trophy match washed out
Chennai: Persistent rain has washed out the opening day`s play of the Duleep Trophy final match between Central Zone and East Zone without a ball being bowled here on Sunday.
The conditions were so bad that even the toss could not take place.
The umpires, C Shamsuddin and Vineet Kulkarni, had an inspection at 11.15am and decided against having a toss.
The city has been experiencing constant rains since the past two days, denying the teams any chance of holding practice session outdoors.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Watch: Reports on final deal of M-777 tanks between India and America
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends
- Indian Army makes major changes in recruitment process – Click here to get updated information