Parthiv Patel added to West Zone Duleep Trophy squad
Mumbai: Gujarat wicket keeper Parthiv Patel was today added as the 16th member of the West Zone Duleep Trophy squad to take on North Zone in the Duleep Trophy quarter final at Chennai from October 6 to 9.
"I got a call from the West Zone selection panel chairman to add Parthiv Patel as the 16th member of the squad," informed committee`s convenor Nitin Dalal.
The India discard was left out of the original squad to be led by Saurashtra`s Cheteshwar Pujara, which was announced on September 28, before his name was added to the team list today.
India under 19 stumper Smit Patel, also of Gujarat, is also a member of the team.
The team: Cheteshwar Pujara (captain, Saurashtra), Ajinkya Rahane (vice-captain, Mumbai), Kaustubh Pawar (Mumbai), Bhushan Chavan (Saurashtra), Ankit Bawne (Maharashtra), Abhishek Nayar (Mumbai), Kedar Jadhav (Maharashtra), Smit Patel (wk, Gujarat), Harmeet Singh (Mumbai), Samad Fallah (Maharashtra), Murtuza Vohra (Baroda), Ishwar Choudhari (Gujarat), Kshemal Waingankar (Mumbai), Kamlesh Makwana (Saurashtra) and Ankit Chavan (Mumbai) and Parthiv Patel (Gujarat). Coach: Sulakshan Kulkarni.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- DNA: How terrorists are trained by Pakistan Navy with help of ISI
- Indrani can do anything for money: Siddharth Das
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea charged with poisoning son Mikhail
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!