Parthiv Patel added to West Zone Duleep Trophy squad
Mumbai: Gujarat wicket keeper Parthiv Patel was today added as the 16th member of the West Zone Duleep Trophy squad to take on North Zone in the Duleep Trophy quarter final at Chennai from October 6 to 9.
"I got a call from the West Zone selection panel chairman to add Parthiv Patel as the 16th member of the squad," informed committee`s convenor Nitin Dalal.
The India discard was left out of the original squad to be led by Saurashtra`s Cheteshwar Pujara, which was announced on September 28, before his name was added to the team list today.
India under 19 stumper Smit Patel, also of Gujarat, is also a member of the team.
The team: Cheteshwar Pujara (captain, Saurashtra), Ajinkya Rahane (vice-captain, Mumbai), Kaustubh Pawar (Mumbai), Bhushan Chavan (Saurashtra), Ankit Bawne (Maharashtra), Abhishek Nayar (Mumbai), Kedar Jadhav (Maharashtra), Smit Patel (wk, Gujarat), Harmeet Singh (Mumbai), Samad Fallah (Maharashtra), Murtuza Vohra (Baroda), Ishwar Choudhari (Gujarat), Kshemal Waingankar (Mumbai), Kamlesh Makwana (Saurashtra) and Ankit Chavan (Mumbai) and Parthiv Patel (Gujarat). Coach: Sulakshan Kulkarni.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- What is the motive behind 'unconditional talks' offer by Pakistan?
- Special report: Kashmiri Pandits recall their plight
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Revealed: How Pakistan's ISI spy racket operated in India