Easy wins for Hyderabad, Karnataka in Vinoo Mankad cricket tournament
Bangalore: Karnataka and Hyderabad recorded fluent victories while Andhra edged past Kerala by VJD Method in the Vinoo Mankad Trophy Under-19 South Zone cricket tournament here Tuesday.
Rahul Singh slammed 158 (114b, 19x4, 5x6) as Hyderabad made 379 for six in their allotted 50 overs and then restricted Goa to 204 for six to pick up five points, including one bonus point.
Karnataka, courtesy D. Nischal`s 102 (142b, 10x4) made 259 for nine against Tamil Nadu who in reply, were all out for 191.
Elsewhere, Kerala made 213 for nine in 50 overs with N.B. Vishnu (60) being the top scorer while Andhra replied with 189 for six that fetched them a five-run win via the V Jayadevan (VJD) Method in a match truncated by rains.
Karnataka 259 for 9 in 50 overs (Nischal D 102, Anurag Bajpai 30, Aswin Crist 2/66, Vignesh Kanna 2/57) beat Tamil Nadu 191 all out in 47.1 overs (Bharath Shankar K 46, Shikhar Hukku 36, Selva S 32, Prateek Jain 2/57, Kranthi Kumar 4/21, Shreyas Gopal 2/20). Points: Karnataka 5, Tamil Nadu (-1).
Kerala 213 for 9 in 50 overs (Ajay Kumar A 34, Sanju NB Vishnu 60, FF Ahmad 41, CH Sneha Kishore 3/52, D Naren Reddy 3/34) lost to Andhra 189 for 5 in 46 overs (Kona Bharath 49, K Karan Shindhe 52 not out, S Sivaraj 3/37). Andhra won by VJD method by 5 runs.
Hyderabad 379 for 6 in 50 overs (Rahul Singh 158, Abhishek Ashok 50, Chaitanya KSK 49 not out, Sagar Naik 3/86, Yogesh Bare 3/68) beat Goa 204 for 6 in 50 overs (Mukund Bandodkar 51, Srinivas Fadte 35, Tanmay Agarwal 2/18). Points: Hyderabad 5, Goa (-1).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Are political parties playing vote politics in the name of cow-security?
- Are political parties playing vote politics in the name of cow-security? - Part II
- Are political parties playing vote politics in the name of cow-security? - Part III
- Are political parties playing vote politics in the name of cow-security? - Part IV
- Are political parties playing vote politics in the name of cow-security? - Part V
- Man who tried to assassinate Ronald Reagan in 1981 to be freed
- One of 9 militants killed in Dhaka raid is 'missing' varsity student
- Cabinet approves AIIMS in Bhatinda
- US Presidential Elections: Why Barack Obama warned Democrats to 'stay worried' about Donald Trump
- Shot putter Inderjeet Singh passes second dope test; NADA awaits July 10 and 11 results