England ODI captain extends Essex deal
London: England One-day captain Alastair Cook has extended his deal with Essex by two years.
"I am delighted to sign a two-year contract with Essex that will run until the 2013 season," said the 26-year-old who began his career with the county.
"I have played at Essex all my life and they have always been very supportive when I play and when away with England. I look forward to being part of a young squad which I`m sure will win trophies and be successful in the coming years."
Essex head coach Paul Grayson added: "Everyone at the club is delighted that he has signed a further two years to his contract and we of course continue to appreciate the commitments he has with England."
"When Alastair is at the club, he is an outstanding player with great professionalism and provides a huge influence to the younger players in the team with the way he conducts himself and trains.”
"He has very promising years ahead of him and we will always welcome him back to Essex when he is not away with England."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack