England ODI captain extends Essex deal
London: England One-day captain Alastair Cook has extended his deal with Essex by two years.
"I am delighted to sign a two-year contract with Essex that will run until the 2013 season," said the 26-year-old who began his career with the county.
"I have played at Essex all my life and they have always been very supportive when I play and when away with England. I look forward to being part of a young squad which I`m sure will win trophies and be successful in the coming years."
Essex head coach Paul Grayson added: "Everyone at the club is delighted that he has signed a further two years to his contract and we of course continue to appreciate the commitments he has with England."
"When Alastair is at the club, he is an outstanding player with great professionalism and provides a huge influence to the younger players in the team with the way he conducts himself and trains.”
"He has very promising years ahead of him and we will always welcome him back to Essex when he is not away with England."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read