England ODI captain extends Essex deal
London: England One-day captain Alastair Cook has extended his deal with Essex by two years.
"I am delighted to sign a two-year contract with Essex that will run until the 2013 season," said the 26-year-old who began his career with the county.
"I have played at Essex all my life and they have always been very supportive when I play and when away with England. I look forward to being part of a young squad which I`m sure will win trophies and be successful in the coming years."
Essex head coach Paul Grayson added: "Everyone at the club is delighted that he has signed a further two years to his contract and we of course continue to appreciate the commitments he has with England."
"When Alastair is at the club, he is an outstanding player with great professionalism and provides a huge influence to the younger players in the team with the way he conducts himself and trains.”
"He has very promising years ahead of him and we will always welcome him back to Essex when he is not away with England."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman