Essex sacks Tsotsobe after Twitter outburst
London: South African speedster Lonwabo Tsotsobe was sacked by the Essex county team after the bowler described his stint at the club as "the worst two months" of his life on social networking site Twitter.
The 27-year-old tweeted, "I`ve never felt like this ever. This is the worst two months of my life. And you know when you start regretting yourself it ain`t good. It`s just impossible to work in this environment."
The left-hander, who joined Essex last month, had a poor run of form bagging just five wickets at an average of 77.60 in three four-day County Championship matches.
He, however, fared little better in the limited-overs competition, taking eight wickets in five appearances but that did not suffice the demands of his team which claimed that bowler`s post was "downright rude".
Essex coach Paul Grayson expressed disappointment at Tsotsobe`s remarks saying that his "attitude and work-rate are not to the standard of an international cricketer".
"I`ve read a few of his comments and I am very surprised. We`ve given him a great opportunity to come and play county cricket and what he has said about us is downright rude," he was quoted as saying.
Meanwhile, a senior South African figure who does not wish to be named, said because Tsotsobe was perceived to be the successor to Makhaya Ntini, he was beginning to consider himself "untouchable".
"There`s no doubt that he has all the skills to succeed, but I believe he has an attitude problem," he told `The Star`.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- J Jayalalithaa passes away: Know what all she left behind in assets
- RIP Amma: When Jayalalithaa sang one of her favourite songs, that too in Hindi - WATCH