Essex sacks Tsotsobe after Twitter outburst
London: South African speedster Lonwabo Tsotsobe was sacked by the Essex county team after the bowler described his stint at the club as "the worst two months" of his life on social networking site Twitter.
The 27-year-old tweeted, "I`ve never felt like this ever. This is the worst two months of my life. And you know when you start regretting yourself it ain`t good. It`s just impossible to work in this environment."
The left-hander, who joined Essex last month, had a poor run of form bagging just five wickets at an average of 77.60 in three four-day County Championship matches.
He, however, fared little better in the limited-overs competition, taking eight wickets in five appearances but that did not suffice the demands of his team which claimed that bowler`s post was "downright rude".
Essex coach Paul Grayson expressed disappointment at Tsotsobe`s remarks saying that his "attitude and work-rate are not to the standard of an international cricketer".
"I`ve read a few of his comments and I am very surprised. We`ve given him a great opportunity to come and play county cricket and what he has said about us is downright rude," he was quoted as saying.
Meanwhile, a senior South African figure who does not wish to be named, said because Tsotsobe was perceived to be the successor to Makhaya Ntini, he was beginning to consider himself "untouchable".
"There`s no doubt that he has all the skills to succeed, but I believe he has an attitude problem," he told `The Star`.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will implement 'One Rank, One Pension' without fail: PM Modi
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- President Pranab Mukherjee gives nod to re-promulgation of Land Acquisition Ordinance
- PM Modi's 'Mann Ki Baat' 8th edition: As it happened
- IMD predicts thundershowers in Delhi, Punjab and UP between June 1-3
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj