Flintoff to return to cricket duty with `yesteryear stars` T20 clash with Oz
Sydney: Former England captain Andrew Flintoff is set to make a comeback to cricket with two Twenty20 matches involving yesteryear English and Australian cricket stars, with the back-to-back Ashes series underway.
Flintoff, who has been victorious in his one-bout boxing career, which he adopted following his retirement from cricket, will be back on more familiar territory and will join former Test cricketers Mark Ramprakash, Devon Malcolm, Dominic Cork, Gladstone Small and Phil de Freitas, the Sydney Morning Herald reports.
The cricketers will be a part of Flintoff``s English side, the report further said.
The report stated that former Australian Test fast bowler Jason Gillespie, now the coach of Yorkshire, would captain the Australian legends with his side to be announced soon.
Flintoff`s pace bowling and aggressive batting made him the star performer when England regained the Ashes in 2005, and he took five for 92 in England``s first Ashes win at Lord`s since 1934 in 2009, in his final Test series before his body could no longer stand the strain, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy