Flintoff to return to cricket duty with `yesteryear stars` T20 clash with Oz
Sydney: Former England captain Andrew Flintoff is set to make a comeback to cricket with two Twenty20 matches involving yesteryear English and Australian cricket stars, with the back-to-back Ashes series underway.
Flintoff, who has been victorious in his one-bout boxing career, which he adopted following his retirement from cricket, will be back on more familiar territory and will join former Test cricketers Mark Ramprakash, Devon Malcolm, Dominic Cork, Gladstone Small and Phil de Freitas, the Sydney Morning Herald reports.
The cricketers will be a part of Flintoff``s English side, the report further said.
The report stated that former Australian Test fast bowler Jason Gillespie, now the coach of Yorkshire, would captain the Australian legends with his side to be announced soon.
Flintoff`s pace bowling and aggressive batting made him the star performer when England regained the Ashes in 2005, and he took five for 92 in England``s first Ashes win at Lord`s since 1934 in 2009, in his final Test series before his body could no longer stand the strain, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Panel discussion over politicians using Dalits as vote banks
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- DNA: Analysing problem of traffic jams choking Delhi roads - Part II
- DNA: Analysing problem of traffic jams choking Delhi roads
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Shocking ISIS video: English-speaking 10-year-old boy beheads hostage, warns America