Flintoff to return to cricket duty with `yesteryear stars` T20 clash with Oz
Sydney: Former England captain Andrew Flintoff is set to make a comeback to cricket with two Twenty20 matches involving yesteryear English and Australian cricket stars, with the back-to-back Ashes series underway.
Flintoff, who has been victorious in his one-bout boxing career, which he adopted following his retirement from cricket, will be back on more familiar territory and will join former Test cricketers Mark Ramprakash, Devon Malcolm, Dominic Cork, Gladstone Small and Phil de Freitas, the Sydney Morning Herald reports.
The cricketers will be a part of Flintoff``s English side, the report further said.
The report stated that former Australian Test fast bowler Jason Gillespie, now the coach of Yorkshire, would captain the Australian legends with his side to be announced soon.
Flintoff`s pace bowling and aggressive batting made him the star performer when England regained the Ashes in 2005, and he took five for 92 in England``s first Ashes win at Lord`s since 1934 in 2009, in his final Test series before his body could no longer stand the strain, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre