Flintoff to return to cricket duty with `yesteryear stars` T20 clash with Oz
Sydney: Former England captain Andrew Flintoff is set to make a comeback to cricket with two Twenty20 matches involving yesteryear English and Australian cricket stars, with the back-to-back Ashes series underway.
Flintoff, who has been victorious in his one-bout boxing career, which he adopted following his retirement from cricket, will be back on more familiar territory and will join former Test cricketers Mark Ramprakash, Devon Malcolm, Dominic Cork, Gladstone Small and Phil de Freitas, the Sydney Morning Herald reports.
The cricketers will be a part of Flintoff``s English side, the report further said.
The report stated that former Australian Test fast bowler Jason Gillespie, now the coach of Yorkshire, would captain the Australian legends with his side to be announced soon.
Flintoff`s pace bowling and aggressive batting made him the star performer when England regained the Ashes in 2005, and he took five for 92 in England``s first Ashes win at Lord`s since 1934 in 2009, in his final Test series before his body could no longer stand the strain, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference
- Muslims worldwide had celebrated after 9/11: Donald Trump