Goa`s Ranji captain Kamat suspended for beating a player
Margao: Goa`s Ranji captain Sagun Kamat has been suspended by the managing committee of Goa Cricket Association (GCA) for assaulting a player in a local cricket match.
The GCA members unanimously decided that Sagun be suspended for his wrongful action and an enquiry committee has been set up to decide the period of suspension, the association said.
Kamat, who also captains Dempo Cricket Club, had assaulted Kashinath Chari of Sunny Sports Club in a Premier League cricket match, thus violating the code of conduct.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra