Goa`s Ranji captain Kamat suspended for beating a player
Margao: Goa`s Ranji captain Sagun Kamat has been suspended by the managing committee of Goa Cricket Association (GCA) for assaulting a player in a local cricket match.
The GCA members unanimously decided that Sagun be suspended for his wrongful action and an enquiry committee has been set up to decide the period of suspension, the association said.
Kamat, who also captains Dempo Cricket Club, had assaulted Kashinath Chari of Sunny Sports Club in a Premier League cricket match, thus violating the code of conduct.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Why did Indrani Mukerjea attempt suicide?
- Dadri lynching: Locals stop Arvind Kejriwal from entering Bisara village
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Muslims banned from Garba in Gujarat's Mandvi; Hindus asked to sprinkle cow urine on themselves