Goa`s Ranji captain Kamat suspended for beating a player
Margao: Goa`s Ranji captain Sagun Kamat has been suspended by the managing committee of Goa Cricket Association (GCA) for assaulting a player in a local cricket match.
The GCA members unanimously decided that Sagun be suspended for his wrongful action and an enquiry committee has been set up to decide the period of suspension, the association said.
Kamat, who also captains Dempo Cricket Club, had assaulted Kashinath Chari of Sunny Sports Club in a Premier League cricket match, thus violating the code of conduct.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa suffers cardiac arrest; being monitored
- Watch: PM Modi addresses rally in Moradabad, UP - Part II
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- I-T department rejects declaration of Rs 2,00,000 crore made under IDS by Mumbai family