Has Sandeep Patil resigned as Mumbai selector?
Mumbai: Speculations were rife that national chief selector Sandeep Patil has resigned as the chairman of the Mumbai Cricket Asociation`s selection panel.
However, MCA president Ravi Savant informed that Patil has not yet spoken to him on the matter.
"He has not spoken to me yet," messaged Savant when asked about whether Patil has quit the MCA selection panel.
Patil did not reply to a message whether he has resigned from his post.
The current domestic season has concluded with Mumbai having regained the Ranji Trophy by clincing the title for the 40th time.
The former middle order batsman took over the reins of MCA`s senior selection panel after he was unexpectedly pitchforked as the new chief selector of the national five-member panel by the Cricket Board last September.
The ex-national coach was handpicked by BCCI chief N Srinivasan to head the panel when the new national selection committee was chosen at the Board`s last AGM.
Meanwhile, MCA has appointed former India stumper Chandrakant Pandit as the chairman of its newly formed technical committee which has replaced the erstwhile cricket improvement committee.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Robert Vadra explains Facebook post, denies insulting Parliament
- Shashi Tharoor condems Yakub Memon's hanging
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez