Has Sandeep Patil resigned as Mumbai selector?
Mumbai: Speculations were rife that national chief selector Sandeep Patil has resigned as the chairman of the Mumbai Cricket Asociation`s selection panel.
However, MCA president Ravi Savant informed that Patil has not yet spoken to him on the matter.
"He has not spoken to me yet," messaged Savant when asked about whether Patil has quit the MCA selection panel.
Patil did not reply to a message whether he has resigned from his post.
The current domestic season has concluded with Mumbai having regained the Ranji Trophy by clincing the title for the 40th time.
The former middle order batsman took over the reins of MCA`s senior selection panel after he was unexpectedly pitchforked as the new chief selector of the national five-member panel by the Cricket Board last September.
The ex-national coach was handpicked by BCCI chief N Srinivasan to head the panel when the new national selection committee was chosen at the Board`s last AGM.
Meanwhile, MCA has appointed former India stumper Chandrakant Pandit as the chairman of its newly formed technical committee which has replaced the erstwhile cricket improvement committee.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days