Has Sandeep Patil resigned as Mumbai selector?
Mumbai: Speculations were rife that national chief selector Sandeep Patil has resigned as the chairman of the Mumbai Cricket Asociation`s selection panel.
However, MCA president Ravi Savant informed that Patil has not yet spoken to him on the matter.
"He has not spoken to me yet," messaged Savant when asked about whether Patil has quit the MCA selection panel.
Patil did not reply to a message whether he has resigned from his post.
The current domestic season has concluded with Mumbai having regained the Ranji Trophy by clincing the title for the 40th time.
The former middle order batsman took over the reins of MCA`s senior selection panel after he was unexpectedly pitchforked as the new chief selector of the national five-member panel by the Cricket Board last September.
The ex-national coach was handpicked by BCCI chief N Srinivasan to head the panel when the new national selection committee was chosen at the Board`s last AGM.
Meanwhile, MCA has appointed former India stumper Chandrakant Pandit as the chairman of its newly formed technical committee which has replaced the erstwhile cricket improvement committee.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: Why no action against supporters at JNU?
- Afzal Guru row: Why no action against supporters at JNU?- Part V
- DNA: Analysis on Ishrat Jahan encounter case
- DNA: After JNU, anti-India slogans at Delhi’s Press Club of India
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!