Has Sandeep Patil resigned as Mumbai selector?
Mumbai: Speculations were rife that national chief selector Sandeep Patil has resigned as the chairman of the Mumbai Cricket Asociation`s selection panel.
However, MCA president Ravi Savant informed that Patil has not yet spoken to him on the matter.
"He has not spoken to me yet," messaged Savant when asked about whether Patil has quit the MCA selection panel.
Patil did not reply to a message whether he has resigned from his post.
The current domestic season has concluded with Mumbai having regained the Ranji Trophy by clincing the title for the 40th time.
The former middle order batsman took over the reins of MCA`s senior selection panel after he was unexpectedly pitchforked as the new chief selector of the national five-member panel by the Cricket Board last September.
The ex-national coach was handpicked by BCCI chief N Srinivasan to head the panel when the new national selection committee was chosen at the Board`s last AGM.
Meanwhile, MCA has appointed former India stumper Chandrakant Pandit as the chairman of its newly formed technical committee which has replaced the erstwhile cricket improvement committee.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Sheena case: Indrani quizzed jointly with Peter, denies killing daughter
- PM Modi's Buddha mantra for peace at Global Hindu Buddhist Conclave
- Govt extended last date for e-filing of I-T return to Sept 7
- DNA: Bharat Bandh hits normal life; Bengal, Kerala among most affected
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda