HP scored scintillating win over Goa
Porvorim: Himachal Pradesh spinners Aakash Vashisth (5-38) and Rahul Singh (4-19) mesmerised Goan batsmen on a turning track of Porvorim Cricket Academy to guide Himachal Pradesh to a hard fought 32 runs victory and collected full points in the U-19 Cooch Behar four-day league cricket match.
Required just 111 runs for the outright win, Goa`s second inning collapsed like a pack of cards as they were all out for 79 runs in 41 overs.
Though both the Himachal spin duo bowled well in tandem, the Goan batsmen failed to apply their mind and fell meekly on a turning track.
Darshan Misal, Vikas Shetty and Keenan Vaz failed to open their accounts. Only Reagan Pinto, Ganeshraj Narvekar and Prathmesh Gaus showed some resistance to HP Spin Duo.
Brief score: Himachal Pradesh- 1st inning, 277, Goa, 1st inning - 321, Himachal Pradesh, 2nd inning- 154, Goa, 2nd inning (Overnight 3 without loss) 79 all out in 41 overs.
(Amogh Desai 2, Nandesh Falari 13, Prathmesh Gauns 13, Reagan Pinto 38, Keenan Vaz 0, Ganeshraj Narvekar 12, Darshan Misal 0, Vikas Shetty 0, Vitthal Gauns 1, Sayed Baddiuzzama not out 0, Yogesh Barde 0 runs.
Akhil Vashisth 5-38, Rahul Singh 4-19, Sahib Malhotra (1-0).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Are political parties playing vote politics in the name of cow-security?
- Are political parties playing vote politics in the name of cow-security? - Part II
- Are political parties playing vote politics in the name of cow-security? - Part III
- Are political parties playing vote politics in the name of cow-security? - Part IV
- Are political parties playing vote politics in the name of cow-security? - Part V
- Antrix-Devas deal: India to appeal against Hague tribunal's verdict
- Development initiatives got huge setback in J&K: Mehbooba
- The answer to past earthquakes lies with the ancient Himalayan temples!
- No separate guidelines for defence PSUs on JVs: Govt
- Arvind Kejriwal says PM Narendra Modi can even get him killed; now, BJP's reaction is interesting - READ