Irani Trophy, Mum vs ROI, Day 3: As it happened...
Zeenews Sports Bureau
ROI ended day 3 at 27 for the loss of one wicket. They enjoy a lead of 144 runs. Murali Vijay was batting really well and night watchman Sreeshant gave him good company in the middle.
ROI Overs: 4 II Score: 19/1 ( Vijay: 10*, Sreeshant: 7*)
ROI have lost a wicket very early in their 2nd innings. Shikhar Dhawan has fallen prey to a stunning catch from Nayar.
S Dhawan c Nayar b Kulkarni 0 (6b 0x4 0x6)
MUMBAI Overs: 114 II Score: 409/10 ( Tendulkar: 140*)
Mumbai have been bundled out for 409 in 14.1 overs. ROI have a lead 117 runs. Sachin Tendulkar (140) was undoubtedly the hero of the day.
MUMBAI Overs: 110.3 II Score: 399/7 ( Tendulkar: 138*)
Dhawal Kulkarni perishes attempting to hoik one over mid off. Sachin Tendulkar is still going strong and is looking to get as many runs as possible with wickets tumbling at the other end.
DS Kulkarni c Vijay b Ojha 10 (38b 1x4 0x6)
MUMBAI Overs: 100 II Score: 362/7 ( Tendulkar: 109*, Kulkarni: 2*)
Mithun has dismissed Ankeet Chavan for a well played 49. He lent much needed support to Tendulkar and showed immense potential. Mithun has been rewarded for continuously bowling in the corridor of uncertainty. Dhawal Kulkarni comes out to bat.
AA Chavan c Saha b Mithun 49 (89b 8x4 0x6)
MUMBAI Overs: 97 II Score: 350/6 ( Tendulkar: 108*, Chavan: 40*)
Mumbai go into tea at 350 for the loss of 6 wickets and trail ROI by 176 runs. Sachin Tendulkar has put up a high class performance yet again and has been ably supported by Chavan.
Sachin has scored a century. This has been a brilliant knock from the genius. His innings has been laced with 12 boundaries and two sixes.
MUMBAI Overs: 86 II Score: 310/6 ( Tendulkar: 92*, Chavan: 10*)
Sachin survived a little scare when he missed a flighted delivery from Ojha and the keeper went up in appeal after dislodging the bails. Replays showed him to be safe and he carries on batting.
MUMBAI Overs: 84 II Score: 294/6 ( Tendulkar: 78*, Chavan: 18*)
A nice little partnership developing here for Mumbai. Tendulkar and Chavan have played well and have scored runs at a good pace. Mumbai trail now by 232 runs.
MUMBAI Overs: 77 II Score: 260/6 ( Tendulkar: 59*, Chavan: 2*)
Mumbai have lost the wicket of Nayar. Sachin’s presence in the field will be reassuring for the Ranji Champions.
AM Nayar c Vijay b Mithun 1 (12b 0x4 0x6)
Mumbai go into lunch at 255 for the loss of 5 wickets and trail ROI by 271 runs. Sachin Tendulkar (59*), and Abhisekh Nayar (1*) are at the crease. ROI would be satisfied with this morning’s play. Ishwar Pandey was extremely impressive even though he bowled a lot of no balls.
MUMBAI Overs: 71 II Score: 234/4 ( Tendulkar: 59*)
Rohit Sharma is dismissed. Harbhajan is delighted. With just about ten minutes to go for lunch Rohit decides to hoik one for a six but he mis-times it and the ball goes very high in the air and Ojha takes it comfortably at deep mid wicket.
RG Sharma c Ojha b Harbhajan Singh 0 (12b 0x4 0x6)
MUMBAI Overs: 65 II Score: 234/4 ( Tendulkar: 39*)
Two spinners in tandem now for Rest of India. Harbhajan has picked up the wicket of Ajinkya Rahane. The ball pitched on middle and Rahane was looking to sweep it. The batsman looked very unhappy with the decision.
AM Rahane lbw b Harbhajan Singh 83 (183b 9x4 1x6)
MUMBAI Overs: 62 II Score: 226/3 ( Rahane: 80*, Tendulkar: 36*)
Mumbai batsmen are scoring runs at a good pace now. Ojha was smacked by Rahane for a six and now Tendulkar hits him for a six and a four off consecutive deliveries. Ojha is failing to create any pressure here and Mumbai are cruising along.
MUMBAI Overs: 57 II Score: 200/3 ( Rahane: 74*, Tendulkar: 17*)
Spin has been introduced now in the form of Pragyan Ojha. He will be looking to get some turn out of this 3rd day pitch. Sachin and Rahane have looked comfortable so far. They will be looking to carry this partnership forward and get as close to the ROI total as possible. Ajinkya Rahane is well on course for a century.
MUMBAI Overs: 53 II Score: 190/3 ( Rahane: 70*, Tendulkar: 10*)
Sreeshant and Pandey have bowled well in tandem. Pandey has been troubled by his front foot over stepping. The Mumbai batsmen playing with caution and are not doing anything rash. Both batsmen looking to take the singles.
MUMBAI Overs: 44.1 II Score: 161/3 ( Rahane: 59*)
Mumbai have lost their night watchman early. Ishwar Pandey again gets off to a good start with a wicket in his first over. This one was pitched up and Thakur could not keep his attempted drive on the ground. The catch was well taken by Tiwary at gully. Sachin Tendulkar comes into bat now.
SN Thakur c Tiwary b Pandey 4 (16b 1x4 0x6)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Couple in Bihar asked to pay Rs 50,000 as 'tax' for inter-caste marriage
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- CBSE 12th Result 2015 to be announced on Monday
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- No alliance with JD-U in Bihar: BJP
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Preity Zinta missed crew of 'ABCD 2' on 'Nach Baliye 7'
- Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others as Gujjar agitation continues