Irfan in Baroda squad for Vijay Hazare Trophy
Vadodara: All-rounder Irfan Pathan will be playing for Baroda in the Vijay Hazare Trophy after recovering from a knee injury.
Munaf Patel has also been named in the 16-member squad, which will be captained by middle-order batsman and Irfan`s brother, Yusuf Pathan.
Baroda, who were knocked out of the Ranji Trophy by Mumbai in the quarterfinals, will also be bolstered by the presence of Ambati Rayudu, who hit a century for Rest of India in the recent Irani Trophy match against Mumbai.
Baroda will play Mumbai, Maharashtra, Saurashtra and Gujarat in the West Zone one-dayers from February 14-20 in Pune.
The team: Yusuf Pathan (captain), Irfan Pathan, Munaf Patel, Ambati Rayudu, Aditya Waghmode, Saurabh Wakaskar, Rakesh Solanki, Jyot Chhaya, Aditya Reddy (WK), Vishnu Solanki (WK), Murtuja Vahora, Lukman Meriwala, Sunit Singh, Bhargav Bhatt, Swapnil Singh and Soaeb Tai.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Watch: CM Yogi Adityanath's first speech in UP Assembly house
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- DNA: Reason behind electricity crisis in India despite being power surplus nation
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users