Irfan in Baroda squad for Vijay Hazare Trophy
Vadodara: All-rounder Irfan Pathan will be playing for Baroda in the Vijay Hazare Trophy after recovering from a knee injury.
Munaf Patel has also been named in the 16-member squad, which will be captained by middle-order batsman and Irfan`s brother, Yusuf Pathan.
Baroda, who were knocked out of the Ranji Trophy by Mumbai in the quarterfinals, will also be bolstered by the presence of Ambati Rayudu, who hit a century for Rest of India in the recent Irani Trophy match against Mumbai.
Baroda will play Mumbai, Maharashtra, Saurashtra and Gujarat in the West Zone one-dayers from February 14-20 in Pune.
The team: Yusuf Pathan (captain), Irfan Pathan, Munaf Patel, Ambati Rayudu, Aditya Waghmode, Saurabh Wakaskar, Rakesh Solanki, Jyot Chhaya, Aditya Reddy (WK), Vishnu Solanki (WK), Murtuja Vahora, Lukman Meriwala, Sunit Singh, Bhargav Bhatt, Swapnil Singh and Soaeb Tai.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- Four Indians kidnapped in Libya; Islamic State hand suspected
- Parties should be united against terrorism, says Rajnath Singh
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice