JK restricted to 173 runs in the first innings
Perinthalmanna: Helped by medium pacers P Parameswaran (4/55) and Sony Cheruvattur (2/49), Kerala restricted Jammu and Kashmir to 173 (All out) in their first innings in the Ranji trophy Plate league match in Group ‘B’ on the inaugural day at the Perinthalmanna cricket stadium here.
Replying to the paltry 173 runs, Kerala openers did well to score 19 without being separated when the stumps were drawn for the day.
Put into the bat by Kerala after winning the toss, JK began disastrously losing 2 wickets with 4 runs on the board. But Javid Ahamed (31) and Jeelani (41), batted patiently and showed that the two will take the side to safety, but the Kerala pacers struck frequently to put them in a precarious position at 99/6.
DV Mahajan (21), S U Baig (23) and A G Nabi (38) scored some useful runs to take the total to 173 before being all out in 81 overs.
Brief scores: J and K (1st innings) 173 (all out) (J Ahamed 31, A Jeelani 41, A G Nabi 38, S K Cheruvattur 2/49, P Parameswaran 4/55, R Sreejith 2/32).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Jaya and Amitabh Bachchan living separately: Amar Singh makes shocking revelations