JK restricted to 173 runs in the first innings
Perinthalmanna: Helped by medium pacers P Parameswaran (4/55) and Sony Cheruvattur (2/49), Kerala restricted Jammu and Kashmir to 173 (All out) in their first innings in the Ranji trophy Plate league match in Group ‘B’ on the inaugural day at the Perinthalmanna cricket stadium here.
Replying to the paltry 173 runs, Kerala openers did well to score 19 without being separated when the stumps were drawn for the day.
Put into the bat by Kerala after winning the toss, JK began disastrously losing 2 wickets with 4 runs on the board. But Javid Ahamed (31) and Jeelani (41), batted patiently and showed that the two will take the side to safety, but the Kerala pacers struck frequently to put them in a precarious position at 99/6.
DV Mahajan (21), S U Baig (23) and A G Nabi (38) scored some useful runs to take the total to 173 before being all out in 81 overs.
Brief scores: J and K (1st innings) 173 (all out) (J Ahamed 31, A Jeelani 41, A G Nabi 38, S K Cheruvattur 2/49, P Parameswaran 4/55, R Sreejith 2/32).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok