JK restricted to 173 runs in the first innings
Perinthalmanna: Helped by medium pacers P Parameswaran (4/55) and Sony Cheruvattur (2/49), Kerala restricted Jammu and Kashmir to 173 (All out) in their first innings in the Ranji trophy Plate league match in Group ‘B’ on the inaugural day at the Perinthalmanna cricket stadium here.
Replying to the paltry 173 runs, Kerala openers did well to score 19 without being separated when the stumps were drawn for the day.
Put into the bat by Kerala after winning the toss, JK began disastrously losing 2 wickets with 4 runs on the board. But Javid Ahamed (31) and Jeelani (41), batted patiently and showed that the two will take the side to safety, but the Kerala pacers struck frequently to put them in a precarious position at 99/6.
DV Mahajan (21), S U Baig (23) and A G Nabi (38) scored some useful runs to take the total to 173 before being all out in 81 overs.
Brief scores: J and K (1st innings) 173 (all out) (J Ahamed 31, A Jeelani 41, A G Nabi 38, S K Cheruvattur 2/49, P Parameswaran 4/55, R Sreejith 2/32).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Robert Vadra explains Facebook post, denies insulting Parliament
- Shashi Tharoor condems Yakub Memon's hanging
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez