Katich fined for Code of Behaviour breach
Melbourne: Cricket Australia (CA) Friday fined Perth Scorchers captain Simon Katich USD 1,250 for breaching the Code of Behaviour during his team`s Twenty20 Big Bash League match against Melbourne Stars at the WACA Tuesday night.
Katich was charged under the Code of Behaviour Rule 2.6 - Use of language that is of obscene, offensive, or of a generally insulting nature to another player, official or spectator, said a release.
The hearing was conducted Thursday afternoon in Perth.
It was alleged that Katich engaged in three `instances` of abusing the on-field umpires. Katich pleaded guilty to two of the alleged three instances. He was found guilty by Commissioner Rob O`Connor only on the two instances, to which he pleaded guilty.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad