Katich fined for Code of Behaviour breach
Melbourne: Cricket Australia (CA) Friday fined Perth Scorchers captain Simon Katich USD 1,250 for breaching the Code of Behaviour during his team`s Twenty20 Big Bash League match against Melbourne Stars at the WACA Tuesday night.
Katich was charged under the Code of Behaviour Rule 2.6 - Use of language that is of obscene, offensive, or of a generally insulting nature to another player, official or spectator, said a release.
The hearing was conducted Thursday afternoon in Perth.
It was alleged that Katich engaged in three `instances` of abusing the on-field umpires. Katich pleaded guilty to two of the alleged three instances. He was found guilty by Commissioner Rob O`Connor only on the two instances, to which he pleaded guilty.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter