Katich fined for Code of Behaviour breach
Melbourne: Cricket Australia (CA) Friday fined Perth Scorchers captain Simon Katich USD 1,250 for breaching the Code of Behaviour during his team`s Twenty20 Big Bash League match against Melbourne Stars at the WACA Tuesday night.
Katich was charged under the Code of Behaviour Rule 2.6 - Use of language that is of obscene, offensive, or of a generally insulting nature to another player, official or spectator, said a release.
The hearing was conducted Thursday afternoon in Perth.
It was alleged that Katich engaged in three `instances` of abusing the on-field umpires. Katich pleaded guilty to two of the alleged three instances. He was found guilty by Commissioner Rob O`Connor only on the two instances, to which he pleaded guilty.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics?
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part II
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part III
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part IV
- Why is Mehbooba Mufti attacking Hindu beliefs for votes?
- Assam CM-designate Sarbananda Sonowal thanks PM Narendra Modi on being elected as BJP legislature leader
- Congress backs Raghuram Rajan, says India ''going through a bad shape''
- Non-bailable warrant against BJP MP Manoj Tiwari, four others
- Bid rivals set to join forces for Tata Steel UK buyout: Report
- PM Narendra Modi calls for country to move towards cashless society