Katich fined for Code of Behaviour breach
Melbourne: Cricket Australia (CA) Friday fined Perth Scorchers captain Simon Katich USD 1,250 for breaching the Code of Behaviour during his team`s Twenty20 Big Bash League match against Melbourne Stars at the WACA Tuesday night.
Katich was charged under the Code of Behaviour Rule 2.6 - Use of language that is of obscene, offensive, or of a generally insulting nature to another player, official or spectator, said a release.
The hearing was conducted Thursday afternoon in Perth.
It was alleged that Katich engaged in three `instances` of abusing the on-field umpires. Katich pleaded guilty to two of the alleged three instances. He was found guilty by Commissioner Rob O`Connor only on the two instances, to which he pleaded guilty.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Lalu Yadav attacks PM Modi over Mahatma Gandhi's assassination
- Whole world is worried about global warming and climate change, says PM Modi
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- World can now see consequences of Pakistan occupation in PoK: India
- Watch: Unbelievable! Kapil Sharma thrown out of Aishwarya Rai’s vanity van
- 1st T20: India vs South Africa – Players to watch out for
- Know who replaced Katrina Kaif in film opposite Jackie Chan
- Indrani Mukerjea's condition critical due to drug overdose; Maha govt orders inquiry