Katich fined for Code of Behaviour breach
Melbourne: Cricket Australia (CA) Friday fined Perth Scorchers captain Simon Katich USD 1,250 for breaching the Code of Behaviour during his team`s Twenty20 Big Bash League match against Melbourne Stars at the WACA Tuesday night.
Katich was charged under the Code of Behaviour Rule 2.6 - Use of language that is of obscene, offensive, or of a generally insulting nature to another player, official or spectator, said a release.
The hearing was conducted Thursday afternoon in Perth.
It was alleged that Katich engaged in three `instances` of abusing the on-field umpires. Katich pleaded guilty to two of the alleged three instances. He was found guilty by Commissioner Rob O`Connor only on the two instances, to which he pleaded guilty.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- Assam BJP leader's son kidnapped, ULFA releases ISIS-style video
- Amazon working on music subscription service for $5 a month
- Outstanding! Akshay Kumar's 'Rustom' is unstoppable at the Box Office – Read more
- New Hyundai Elantra to be launched in India today
- Amit Shah to inaugurate workshop of BJP state core committees