Maharashtra 66/4 on day one against Andra Pradesh
Visakhapatnam: Andhra bowlers on Wednesday restricted Maharashtra to 66 for four on the opening day of their Ranji Trophy Plate League match at the Y S Rajasekhara Reddy ACA-VDCA cricket stadium here.
In the match delayed due to rain with only 28 overs being bowled, the visitors could only score 66 runs as Andhra’s Y Gnaneswara Rao claimed two wickets, while P Vijay Kumar and G Shankar Rao took one wicket each.
Opener AJ Shrikhande, SD Atitkar and AR Bawne were dismissed for one, zero and zero respectively.
The hosts, however, cannot breathe easy as Opener HH Khadiwale is still at the crease with 39 runs that had four boundaries in it. K M Jadhav made 20 runs, including a six.
Giving company to Khadiwale is RH Motwani (five), when the wickets were drawn for the day.
Maharashtra first innings: 66 in 29 overs (HH Khadiwale not out 39, KM Jadhav 20, RH Motwani not out 5; Gnaneswara Rao 2/20).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video