MP bundles out Jharkhand on the 1st day of Ranji Trophy
Indore: Brilliant spell by medium pacers Anand Rajan and T.Sudheendra helped host Madhya Pradesh to bundle out Jharkhand cheaply for 131 on the first day of four days Plate Ranji Trophy Group `A` match here at Holkar Stadium today.
Jharkhand skipper Ishank Jaggi won the toss and opted to bat first. T Sudheendra sent top three Jharkhand batsmen at the score of 40 runs on board.
Jharkhand skipper batted well, but he too was dismissed at his individual score of 29.
After seeing the movement and bounce, Madhya Pradesh skipper Devendra Bundela brought Anand Rajan. Rajan bowled brilliantly and folded opponent innings quickly for 131 runs by capturing four wickets for 31 runs in 13.4 overs of which four were maidens.
T Sudheendra took three wickets for 21 in 11 overs of which six were maidens while Amit Sharma took two wickets for 51 runs in 16 overs of which three were maidens.
In reply, Madhya Pradesh started off well and the first wicket partnership between Naman Ojha and Jalaj Saxena added 72 runs. Saxena was first to be dismissed for 29 runs scored in 48 balls with five boundaries.
At the score of 87 Madhya Pradesh got big jolt when well set Ojha was dismissed LBW by Varun Aaron at his individual score of 44 scored in 58 balls with classic seven boundaries. At the fag end of the day Madhya Pradesh got one more jolt as Mohnish Mishra was out for 11 runs with one boundary.
In the other host skipper Bundela was batting well and going strong at 34 with six boundaries and Anand Rajan yet to open his account. At the end of day`s play Madhya Pradesh had scored 135/3 and have taken first innings lead of four runs.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy?
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy? - Part II
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy? - Part III
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy? - Part IV
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy? - Part V
- Salaries to go up 10.7%, star performers to gain handsomely: Study
- Nico Hulkenberg brings one point for Force India from Hungry
- AFI asks IAAF for Olympics wild card for javelin prodigy Neeraj Chopra
- Seven lakh applicants for Punjab Police to face dope test
- Turkey forms state of emergency coordination committee