Mumbai all set to capture C K Nayudu title
Mumbai: Mumbai are poised to lift the C K Nayudu under-22 crown after dominating Baroda on the third day of the four-day final here today.
After aggregating a mammoth 600 for nine, the hosts were a wicket away from taking a huge first-innings lead. The visitors were 288 for nine in 99 overs at stumps on the penultimate day of the match at the Bandra-Kurla Complex ground.
With just one day left in the match, the first innings lead is expected to clinch the issue in Mumbai`s favour.
Baroda, who started the day at 45 for one in reply to Mumbai`s imposing score, had none barring Swapnil Singh to take the fight into the enemy camp. Singh was the lone batsman to shine with a well-made 106 in 325 minutes. His 222-ball innings included 20 hits to the fence.
He was also one of the four batsmen dismissed by medium pacer Shivraj Deshmukh who ended the day with an impressive haul of four for 47.
Brief scores: Mumbai 600 for 9 decl. Baroda 288 for 9 (Sarthak Mundhava 38, Swapnil Singh 106, Soaeb Tai 38; Shivraj Deshmukh 4 for 47).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Give up terrorism and let’s talk', Sushma Swaraj's reply to Nawaz Sharif at UNGA
- Lalu Yadav attacks PM Modi over Mahatma Gandhi's assassination
- Whole world is worried about global warming and climate change, says PM Modi
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- World can now see consequences of Pakistan occupation in PoK: India
- Watch: Unbelievable! Kapil Sharma thrown out of Aishwarya Rai’s vanity van
- 1st T20: India vs South Africa – Players to watch out for
- Know who replaced Katrina Kaif in film opposite Jackie Chan
- ISL 2015: Chennaiyin FC vs Atletico de Kolkata - Preview