Munaf, Yusuf shine as Baroda take 1st innings lead vs Haryana
Rohtak: Paceman Munaf Patel took four for 34 before Yusuf Pathan (65 not out) hit an aggressive half century as Baroda seized control on the first day of their Ranji Super League Group B match against Haryana by taking a 48-run first innings lead.
Baroda captain Pinal Shah opted to bowl and Munaf and left-arm spinner Bhargav Bhatt (three for 25) bundled out Haryana for a paltry 127 in 42.2 overs.
Dhruv Singh was the top-scorer for Haryana with 35 as his team folded an hour into the post-lunch session at the Bansi Lal Cricket Stadium here.
At lunch, the top half of Haryana batting had perished with only 72 runs on board.
Dhruv gave some resistance as he hit five boundaries before being the last man to fall after facing 58 deliveries.
Baroda began their first innings without much trouble with their opening pair putting on 56 runs before Jaykishan Kolsawala departed for a 40-ball 32 which was studded with six fours.
Ambati Rayudu fell for 22 before the other opener Connor Williams and Pathan took the score to 175 for two from 45 overs with an unbroken third wicket stand of 87 runs from 105 balls.
Pathan sent the Haryana bowlers for a leather hunt as he hit six fours and four sixes in his unbeaten 47-ball innings of 65.
Williams played the perfect foil as he grafted for runs and his 49 came from 141 balls from which he hit five boundaries.
Pathan’s aggressive innings ensured that Baroda scored at the rate of 3.88 runs per over.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- LIVE: Five nations pull out of SAARC Summit to express solidarity with India over Uri attack
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof