Nash continues form, Chanderpaul struggles
London: Discarded West Indies left-hander Brendan Nash has continued his bright start to the new County season with an even 50 for Kent on the opening day of their contest against Leicestershire.
Playing at Grace Road, the Jamaican was among three players with half-centuries as Kent amassed 406 after they were sent in by Leicestershire captain Ramnaresh Sarwan on Wednesday.
Geraint Jones top scored with 67 and Matt Coles got 59, capitalising on a Leicestershire attack that struggled in windy conditions in the East Midlands.
Nash faced 62 balls and struck six fours.
At Lord`s, veteran West Indies batsman Shivnarine Chanderpaul had his second straight failure for Derbyshire, also on the opening day of their match against Middlesex.
The left-hander scored 18 to follow up his 15 in last week`s season opener, as Derbyshire struggled to 205 for nine after being sent in.
Derbyshire lost their last eight wickets for 63 runs.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter
- ‘Bajrangi Bhaijaan’ Salman Khan weaves magic at BO; to register Rs 500 crore soon!