Nash continues form, Chanderpaul struggles
London: Discarded West Indies left-hander Brendan Nash has continued his bright start to the new County season with an even 50 for Kent on the opening day of their contest against Leicestershire.
Playing at Grace Road, the Jamaican was among three players with half-centuries as Kent amassed 406 after they were sent in by Leicestershire captain Ramnaresh Sarwan on Wednesday.
Geraint Jones top scored with 67 and Matt Coles got 59, capitalising on a Leicestershire attack that struggled in windy conditions in the East Midlands.
Nash faced 62 balls and struck six fours.
At Lord`s, veteran West Indies batsman Shivnarine Chanderpaul had his second straight failure for Derbyshire, also on the opening day of their match against Middlesex.
The left-hander scored 18 to follow up his 15 in last week`s season opener, as Derbyshire struggled to 205 for nine after being sent in.
Derbyshire lost their last eight wickets for 63 runs.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- DNA: Reason behind electricity crisis in India despite being power surplus nation
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users