Padma awards to cricketers only after probe gets over: Aditya Verma
New Delhi: Cricket Association of Bihar secretary and the most prominent face of anti N Srinivasan group, Aditya Verma feels that the government should not reward any Indian cricketer with Padma awards till the Supreme Court appointed panel led Mukul Mudgal completes its probe.
According to BCCI sources, Mahendra Singh Dhoni and Virat Kohli`s names have been referred for the Padma Bhusan and Padmashri award respectively. Women`s team skipper Mithali Raj has also been nominated for Padmashri.
"I appeal to the government of India that it should think seriously about not considering BCCI proposal for these prestigious national (Padma) awards till the time the Supreme Court appointed Mukul Mudgal Committee probe is going on into the match-fixing and betting controversy of the IPL 2013," Verma stated in a press release.
"The Mudgal committee is investigating 13 persons whose names the same committee had given to the Supreme Court in a sealed envelope along with its first probe report in February earlier this year," Verma also added in his release requesting that till the Supreme Court gives its final verdict, government should wait before awarding the cricketers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH