Parthiv Patel to lead Gujarat in West Zone T20 tournament
Ahmedabad: Diminutive wicket-keeper batsman Parthiv Patel was today named capatin of Gujarat for the West Zone Syed Mushtaq Ali T20 tournament which will begin here on Sunday.
Gujarat will be bolstered by the presence of Manpreet Juneja, who was a part of the West Zone team that won the Deodhar Trophy recently, and U-19 World Cup winning member Smit Patel.
They will hope to continue their good run against neighbours Maharashtra in the opening encounter at the Motera B ground here.
On Sunday, in a day-night encounter, Ranji Champions Mumbai will take on Baroda at Motera A ground. On Monday, Gujarat will take on Mumbai at Motera B ground while Saurashtra will be up against Maharashtra in a day-night encounter at Motera A on the same day.
Ranji runners-up Saurashtra will take on Ranji champions Mumbai at Motera B on March 19 while in the evening Gujarat will take on Baroda.
Saurashtra will take on Baroda on March 20 followed by a match between Mumbai and Maharashtra on the same day.
Baroda and Maharashtra will clash in the penultimate match of the tournament while Gujarat will complete their league engagements against Saurashtra in the last match of the league stage.
Gujarat Squad: Parthiv Patel (Captain), Manpreet Juneja, Smit Patel, Himalay Barad, Jesal Karia, Rush Kaleria, Niraj Patel, Jaspreet Bumrah, Chirag Gandhi, Mehul Patel, Abhay Patel, Akshar Patel, Asad Pathan, Ahad Malik, Rakesh Dhruv.
Mukund Parmar - coach, Rajiv Desai - assistant coach, Dr Abhishek Thakar - physio, D R Shah - manager.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others as Gujjar agitation continues
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Pakistan criticizes Defence Minister Parrikar's terrorism remarks
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year