Pathan powers Reliance One to victory
Mumbai: India discard Yusuf Pathan cracked a quickfire 81 to help Reliance One register a four-wicket win over ONGC in the 9th D Y Patil Twenty20 Cup here on Wednesday.
Pathan revived Reliance One`s tottering innings from 62 for six with his lusty hitting in which he struck six sixes and four boundaries in a match-turning effort in Group C. His knock came off just 48 balls.
Pathan was ably supported by Pawan Negi (27).
Earlier, Reliance One bundled out ONGC for 149.
Mayank Tehlan was the top scorer with 79 runs. For Reliance One, Rishi Dhawan took three for 20, including the wicket of Tehlan, while Baltej Singh claimed two for 27.
In reply, Shikhar Dhawan (1) and Virender Sehwag (9) fell cheaply to medium pacer Sumit Narwal. Parthiv Patel (13) too edged to keeper Salim Ansari in the same over from Narwal.
Three more wickets tumbled before Pathan began his blitzkrieg.
In another match, Tata Sports Club piled on 211 for 5 in 20 overs before bowling out D Y Patil B for 180 to register a 30-run win and make the quarter-finals.
The other two teams to make it to the knockout stage were State Bank of Patiala and BPCL, who too recorded wins in their final league matches.
ONGC 149 in 19.3 overs (Mayank Tehlan 79; Rishi Dhawan 3/20, Baltej Singh 2/27) lost to Reliance One 154 for 6 in 17.3 overs (Yusuf Pathan 81 not out, Pawan Negi 27 not out; Sumit Narwal 3/35, Sarang Rawat 3/33) by four wickets.
Tata Sports Club 211 for 5 (Usman Malvi 32, Nikhil Patil 39, Sujit Nayak 50; Dinesh Salunkhe 2-26) beat Dr D Y Patil B 180 in 17.2 Overs (Vidyut S 33, Kedar Jadhav 59, Dinesh Salunkhe 34; Usman Malvi 2-43, Javed Khan 4-25) by 31 runs.
Mumbai Customs 153 for 9 (Hiken Shah 38, Atul Ranade 37; Jaskaran Singh 4-30, Sanjay Mahajan 2-24) lost to State Bank of Patiala 156 for 4 in 18.2 Overs((Pankaj Dharmani 47 not out; Atish Gawand 2-22) by 6 wickets.
BPCL 217 for 4 (Manish Pandey 88 not out, Vinit Indulkar 43, Suryakumar Yadav 47) beat State Bank of Travancore 107 for 7 (K J Rakesh 49 not out; Avishkar Salvi 3-17, Gaurav Jathar 2-6, Saurabh Netravalkar 2-24) by 110 runs.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- DNA: Analyzing the role of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose in Indian Independence
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore