Pujara praises spinners
Bangalore: Rest of India captain Cheteshwar Pujara praised the spin duo of Pragyan Ojha and youngster Harmeet Singh, who shared six wickets between them in the second innings of Rajasthan.
The two spinners did not get a single wicket in the first innings but played key role in the second in team`s big win.
Pujara said the job was cut out for spinners to contain Rajasthan in the first innings as the ball was nicely coming on to the bat on the first two days.
"In the second innings Pragyan Ojha and Harmeet Singh bowled well and gave our team victory," he said. Definitely it was a convincing victory and is a good start to the season, Pujara said.
"We had a strong team. We needed to deliver and I am happy with the way the match went," he stated.
Asked was he happy with Ishant Sharma and Umesh Yadav`s bowling performance, Pujara said in first session of first innings they bowled a little short but came back strongly by pitching the balls in right areas in the second and third sessions.
"We got six wickets in third session of the first day."
Pujara said Ishant was coming back from an injury and it was normal for him to be a little wayward. "However, he was getting back into a rhythm."
Asked whether the Chinnaswamy wicket was any different when he played against New Zealand, Pujara said it was similar as few balls were keeping low on third and fourth day.
"I played my debut match here against Australia. Even at that time balls were keeping low on third and fourth day. That is expected out of this wicket," he said.
On Murali Vijay`s double ton, Pujara said the Tamil Nadu lad is known to score big hundreds.
"The wicket was flat, but to score more than 250 is creditable. To get that much on any wicket it requires concentration and patience which he showed," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- BSF cancels beating the retreat ceremony at Wagah post surgical strikes
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says