Punjab, Jharkhand make knock-out stage
Ranchi: Punjab and Jharkhand made the knock-out stage of the Cooch Behar Trophy elite division after playing out a draw in their Group A match here on Tuesday.
In reply to Punjab’s huge 611 for eight declared, Jharkhand were bundled out for 330 with G T Oshan claiming 5/76 to concede a 281-run first innings lead.
R M Raj scored 109 for Jharkhand as they settled for one point to finish with 10 points -- behind Punjab (18) – to make the next round.
At stumps on the final day of the match, Punjab were 238 for one in their second essay.
The other team in the group, Tamil Nadu, finished on nine points from four matches.
Punjab 611/8 declared and 238/1; 41 overs (M S Vohra 100 not out, P G Singh 109). Jharkhand 330; 126.4 overs (R M Raj 109; G T Osahan 5/76).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- Bollywood pays respect to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam