Punjab, Jharkhand make knock-out stage
Ranchi: Punjab and Jharkhand made the knock-out stage of the Cooch Behar Trophy elite division after playing out a draw in their Group A match here on Tuesday.
In reply to Punjab’s huge 611 for eight declared, Jharkhand were bundled out for 330 with G T Oshan claiming 5/76 to concede a 281-run first innings lead.
R M Raj scored 109 for Jharkhand as they settled for one point to finish with 10 points -- behind Punjab (18) – to make the next round.
At stumps on the final day of the match, Punjab were 238 for one in their second essay.
The other team in the group, Tamil Nadu, finished on nine points from four matches.
Punjab 611/8 declared and 238/1; 41 overs (M S Vohra 100 not out, P G Singh 109). Jharkhand 330; 126.4 overs (R M Raj 109; G T Osahan 5/76).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Terrorist outfit IS releases hitlist; 4000 people including 285 Indians targeted
- Mumbai: Woman missing after falling in manhole
- Mann Ki Baat: PM recalls dark days of 1975 Emergency, says democracy is our strength
- Mann Ki Baat: Conserve every drop of water, says PM
- PM Modi launches 'Smart City Project' in Pune
- Mathura violence: Judicial probe into Jawahar Bagh incident begins
- IIFA 2016: Dramatic entry! When Shahid Kapoor, Farhan Akhtar hit the green carpet on Spanish donkeys - Pic inside
- Seven killed as car rams into minibus in Kenya's Kwale
- Hope law will be passed for construction of Ram temple by PM Narendra Modi-led government: VHP leader Pravin Togadia
- Rock stars and celebrities react with dismay to Brexit