Punjab, Jharkhand make knock-out stage
Ranchi: Punjab and Jharkhand made the knock-out stage of the Cooch Behar Trophy elite division after playing out a draw in their Group A match here on Tuesday.
In reply to Punjab’s huge 611 for eight declared, Jharkhand were bundled out for 330 with G T Oshan claiming 5/76 to concede a 281-run first innings lead.
R M Raj scored 109 for Jharkhand as they settled for one point to finish with 10 points -- behind Punjab (18) – to make the next round.
At stumps on the final day of the match, Punjab were 238 for one in their second essay.
The other team in the group, Tamil Nadu, finished on nine points from four matches.
Punjab 611/8 declared and 238/1; 41 overs (M S Vohra 100 not out, P G Singh 109). Jharkhand 330; 126.4 overs (R M Raj 109; G T Osahan 5/76).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- DNA: Gravitational waves detected, proving Einstein right!
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit!
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Delhi Police issues alert over alleged Hafiz Saeed's tweet backing 'pro-Pak' JNU protesters
- Really? Is this why Deepika Padukone not open about her alleged relationship with Ranveer Singh?
- Congress leader from Gujarat conspired to implicate Narendra Modi in Ishrat Jahan case: Ex-IB officer
- JNU row: Congress VP meets protesting students; ABVP raises black flags, shout "Rahul Gandhi Go Back"