1433 runs over 4 days! Maha-UP match ends in dull draw
Pune: Maharashtra and Uttar Pradesh shared a point each after their Group B Ranji Trophy match ended in a dull draw that saw 1433 runs being scored over four days on a dead track at the Subrata Roy Sahara Stadium here on Monday.
In reply to Maharashtra`s mammoth 764 for six declared, Uttar Pradesh made 669 for seven, still trailing by 105 runs when stumps were drawn on the fourth and final day.
Since the team batting in second innings wasn`t completed within the stipulated four days, both the sides got a point each according to the new BCCI points system for Ranji Trophy.
Interestingly when Ravindra Jadeja of Saurashtra hit a triple ton against Odisha last season, both teams didn`t get any point from the tie as Odisha`s innings wasn`t completed.
This rule will be slightly altered during the knockout stage of the competition with the match extending by a day in case the team batting second`s innings is not finished.
Tanmay Srivastava (179) and Mukul Dagar (126) had scored tons yesterday, while Piyush Chawla (156) slammed one on the final day to help the visitors close in on hosts` total.
Srivastava, unbeaten on 134 overnight, started off well but fell short of a double hundred when he was dismissed by Anupam Sanklecha.
Arish Alam scored 70, but the last few overs mainly belonged to legspinner Chawla, who decided to highlight some of his batting talents.
Chawla slammed 18 fours and a staggering eight sixes during his 140-ball knock, and shared 128 runs for the sixth wicket with Alam.
Earlier, resuming on 287 for one, Uttar Pradesh suffered early blows, losing skipper Suresh Raina for a nought and Mohammad Kaif for 25. But Chawla played quite a few effective shots en route to his blazing knock.
Maharashtra: 764 for six declared in 186 overs (Kedar Jadhav 327, Rohit Motwani 147 not out; Piyush Chawla 3/233)
Uttar Pradesh: 669 for six in 169 overs (Tanmay Srivastava 179, Piyush Chawla 156, Mukul Dagar 126).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- Pakistan criticizes Defence Minister Parrikar's terrorism remarks