2nd Day`s play washed out in Odisha/Tamil Nadu match
Bhubaneswar:The second day`s play in the Ranji Trophy Group B match bewteen Odisha and Tamil Nadu was called off today due to overnight rain and wet outfield at the DRIEMS stadium in Cuttack.
While wet ground conditions had delayed start of the match on the opening day yesterday, the umpires officially called off the second day`s play in the four-day game after inspecting the stadium around noon.
Only 31 overs of play was possible yesterday when Tamil Nadu ended the first day on 66 for the loss of two wickets.
Most of the opening day`s play was lost due to adverse conditions.
After winning the toss, the hosts had put Tamil Nadu in to take maximum advantage of the squally weather.
Mukund (21) and Baba Aparajith (3), who played a key role in India winning the junior World Cup, were at the crease when stumps were drawn for the day yesterday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- DNA: Gravitational waves detected, proving Einstein right!
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit!
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Delhi Police issues alert over alleged Hafiz Saeed's tweet backing 'pro-Pak' JNU protesters
- Really? Is this why Deepika Padukone not open about her alleged relationship with Ranveer Singh?
- Congress leader from Gujarat conspired to implicate Narendra Modi in Ishrat Jahan case: Ex-IB officer
- JNU row: Congress VP meets protesting students; ABVP raises black flags, shout "Rahul Gandhi Go Back"