2nd Day`s play washed out in Odisha/Tamil Nadu match
Bhubaneswar:The second day`s play in the Ranji Trophy Group B match bewteen Odisha and Tamil Nadu was called off today due to overnight rain and wet outfield at the DRIEMS stadium in Cuttack.
While wet ground conditions had delayed start of the match on the opening day yesterday, the umpires officially called off the second day`s play in the four-day game after inspecting the stadium around noon.
Only 31 overs of play was possible yesterday when Tamil Nadu ended the first day on 66 for the loss of two wickets.
Most of the opening day`s play was lost due to adverse conditions.
After winning the toss, the hosts had put Tamil Nadu in to take maximum advantage of the squally weather.
Mukund (21) and Baba Aparajith (3), who played a key role in India winning the junior World Cup, were at the crease when stumps were drawn for the day yesterday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video