Abbas Ali`s century takes Tripura to 228/6
Ananatapur: Veteran Syed Abbas Ali smashed an unbeaten century to guide Tripura to 228 for six against Andhra Pradesh on the opening day of their Ranji Trophy Group C match here on Friday.
Ali`s 103, which came off 187 balls, rescued Tripura from a precarious position as the visitors were tottering at 54 for three at one stage.
The left-handed Ali was cynosure of all eyes as he stitched three vital partnerships -- 32 runs with skipper Ajay Ratra, 44 with Abhijit Dey and 67 with Debabrata Chowdhury -- to single-handedly steer Tripura`s innings.
Barring Ali, Samrat Singha (15), Udit Patel (26), Ratra (27), Abhijit (17) and Debabrata (20) all got starts but couln`t convert them into big scores.
At stumps, Manisankar Murasingh (5) was giving Ali company at the other end.
Medium pacers Syed Sahabuddin and Duvvarapu Shivkumar picked up two wickets apiece for Andhra Pradesh, giving away 44 and 40 runs respectively.
Tripura 1st innings: 228 for six in 90 overs (Syed Abbas Ali 103 not out; Syed Sahabuddin 2/44, Duvvarapu Shivkumar 2/40).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!