Abbas Ali`s century takes Tripura to 228/6
Ananatapur: Veteran Syed Abbas Ali smashed an unbeaten century to guide Tripura to 228 for six against Andhra Pradesh on the opening day of their Ranji Trophy Group C match here on Friday.
Ali`s 103, which came off 187 balls, rescued Tripura from a precarious position as the visitors were tottering at 54 for three at one stage.
The left-handed Ali was cynosure of all eyes as he stitched three vital partnerships -- 32 runs with skipper Ajay Ratra, 44 with Abhijit Dey and 67 with Debabrata Chowdhury -- to single-handedly steer Tripura`s innings.
Barring Ali, Samrat Singha (15), Udit Patel (26), Ratra (27), Abhijit (17) and Debabrata (20) all got starts but couln`t convert them into big scores.
At stumps, Manisankar Murasingh (5) was giving Ali company at the other end.
Medium pacers Syed Sahabuddin and Duvvarapu Shivkumar picked up two wickets apiece for Andhra Pradesh, giving away 44 and 40 runs respectively.
Tripura 1st innings: 228 for six in 90 overs (Syed Abbas Ali 103 not out; Syed Sahabuddin 2/44, Duvvarapu Shivkumar 2/40).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi to launch solar-powered boats in Varanasi today, visit to Ballia also on cards
- Uttarakhand forest fire: Director of Delhi's Fire Dept to visit hill state today, govt to press MI-17 choppers; at least 6 dead
- First phase of NEET examination today as Supreme Court says allow exam to be held
- Andhra Pradesh to become first 'Open Defecation Free' state
- SC, ST promotions: Shivraj Singh-led government to move Supreme Court