Abbas Ali`s century takes Tripura to 228/6
Ananatapur: Veteran Syed Abbas Ali smashed an unbeaten century to guide Tripura to 228 for six against Andhra Pradesh on the opening day of their Ranji Trophy Group C match here on Friday.
Ali`s 103, which came off 187 balls, rescued Tripura from a precarious position as the visitors were tottering at 54 for three at one stage.
The left-handed Ali was cynosure of all eyes as he stitched three vital partnerships -- 32 runs with skipper Ajay Ratra, 44 with Abhijit Dey and 67 with Debabrata Chowdhury -- to single-handedly steer Tripura`s innings.
Barring Ali, Samrat Singha (15), Udit Patel (26), Ratra (27), Abhijit (17) and Debabrata (20) all got starts but couln`t convert them into big scores.
At stumps, Manisankar Murasingh (5) was giving Ali company at the other end.
Medium pacers Syed Sahabuddin and Duvvarapu Shivkumar picked up two wickets apiece for Andhra Pradesh, giving away 44 and 40 runs respectively.
Tripura 1st innings: 228 for six in 90 overs (Syed Abbas Ali 103 not out; Syed Sahabuddin 2/44, Duvvarapu Shivkumar 2/40).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Lionel Messi Injury Video: Witness the moment that scared everyone
- Those with illegal money to be prosecuted: Jaitley on Panama Papers
- 10 killed in Bangladesh poll violence
- Watch: Now make a call just by squeezing your smartphone!
- Life beyond cricket: Humanist Rohit Sharma visits orphanage after IPL stint