Abdulla`s all-round show guides Mumbai to 17-run win
Pune: Left-arm spinners Iqbal Abdulla and Ankeet Chavan took three each as Ranji champions Mumbai defeated Baroda by 17 runs in their limited-overs Vijay Hazare Trophy (West Zone) match here today.
Sent into bat, Mumbai were all out for 236 in 49.5 overs, and then restricted Baroda to 219 for nine at the Subrata Roy Sahara Stadium.
Abdulla picked up three for 44 while Chavan returned figures of three for 45. There were two wickets for skipper Ajit Agarkar
Ambati Rayudu top-scored for Baroda with a knock of 52 while Aditya Waghmode made 42.
Despite getting a decent start with the openers -- Saurabh Wakaskar (31) and Aditya Reddy (38) -- putting on 61 runs, Baroda failed to chase down the target.
After Rayudu`s dismissal to Abdulla, none of the Baroda could contribute.
Earlier, Mumbai relied on Shoaibh Shaikh (51) and the experienced Wasim Jaffer (42) to give them a platform.
Before his effort with ball, Abdulla contributed with the bat as well, scoring an invaluable 39-ball 43 and giving his team`s total a semblance of respectability.
Abdulla struck two fours and as many sixes during his breezy knock, which proved to be the difference eventually.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Shameless cheating in exams, when will Bihar learn?
- Setback for Air India as 30 Boeing 787 Dreamliner pilots resign
- Sheena case: Indrani quizzed jointly with Peter, denies killing daughter
- Trade unions` strike hits normal life across India
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news