Abdulla`s all-round show guides Mumbai to 17-run win
Pune: Left-arm spinners Iqbal Abdulla and Ankeet Chavan took three each as Ranji champions Mumbai defeated Baroda by 17 runs in their limited-overs Vijay Hazare Trophy (West Zone) match here today.
Sent into bat, Mumbai were all out for 236 in 49.5 overs, and then restricted Baroda to 219 for nine at the Subrata Roy Sahara Stadium.
Abdulla picked up three for 44 while Chavan returned figures of three for 45. There were two wickets for skipper Ajit Agarkar
Ambati Rayudu top-scored for Baroda with a knock of 52 while Aditya Waghmode made 42.
Despite getting a decent start with the openers -- Saurabh Wakaskar (31) and Aditya Reddy (38) -- putting on 61 runs, Baroda failed to chase down the target.
After Rayudu`s dismissal to Abdulla, none of the Baroda could contribute.
Earlier, Mumbai relied on Shoaibh Shaikh (51) and the experienced Wasim Jaffer (42) to give them a platform.
Before his effort with ball, Abdulla contributed with the bat as well, scoring an invaluable 39-ball 43 and giving his team`s total a semblance of respectability.
Abdulla struck two fours and as many sixes during his breezy knock, which proved to be the difference eventually.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living