Abhishek Nayar`s ton helps Mumbai register 3 points in Ranji
Jaipur: Left-handed batsman Abhishek Nayar hit an unbeaten 105 to help Mumbai clinch the first innings lead against Rajasthan and grab three valuable points in their drawn Group `A` Ranji Trophy match here on Monday.
Replying to Rajasthan`s first innings score of 478, the visitors were finally all out at 579 in 190.2 overs when the match was called off at KL Saini Ground here.
After registering three points from this outing, Mumbai thus took their tally to six from two matches while host Rajasthan once again settled for one point in their second Ranji match.
Resuming at 360 for 3, the visitors lost three quick wickets -- Hiken Shah (140 runs, 310 balls, and 19 boundaries), K Waingankar (25) and Surya Kumar Yadav (11) -- and were a bit shaky at 420 for 6.
With two new batsmen at crease and still 58 runs behind, Rajasthan were in for a chance at that point but flamboyant Abhishek had other ideas.
He added 70 runs with Ankeet Chouhan (26) to ensure that Mumbai registers the first innings lead and then went on to swell the total with some valuable partnerships with the tail-enders.
Nayar remained unbeaten at 105 made off 164 balls and hit eight fours and one six to help Mumbai reach at 579 all out.
For the hosts, Aniket Choudhary bowled with zeal to finish with 3 for 111 and Rituraj Singh too was rewarded with 3 for 129.
Left arm spinner Gajendra Singh took two for 145 while Pankaj Singh and Ashok Menaria took one wicket each.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch: Reports on final deal of M-777 tanks between India and America
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends
- Indian Army makes major changes in recruitment process – Click here to get updated information