Agarkar returns from injury to lead Mumbai against Punjab
Mumbai: Fit-again Ajit Agarkar will lead Mumbai against Group A toppers, Punjab in the Ranji Trophy league match at the Wankhede Stadium here from December 8-11.
Agarkar missed the side`s previous three games after picking up an injury in the season-opener against Railways, at the same venue.
In the upcoming game, Mumbai would also be bolstered by the availability of Ajinkya Rahane, who has been released from the national team, which is presently battling against England in the third Test at the Eden Gardens.
In a major revamp to the side that drew the last match against Bengal after earning the first innings points, Mumbai have also brought in young seam bowlers, Balwinder Singh Sandhu (jr) and Shardul Thakur, besides attacking batsman Suryakumar Yadav and all rounder Iqbal Abdullah.
The team: Ajit Agarkar (c), Ajinkya Rahane, Wasim Jaffer, Rohit Sharma, Kaustubh Pawar, Hiken Shah, Abhishek Nayar, Suryakumar Yadav, Aditya Tare, Ramesh Powar, Ankit Chavan, Iqbal Abdullah, Dhaval Kulkarni, Balwinder Singh Sandhu (jr) and Shardul Thakur.
Coach: Sulakshan Kulkarni.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I know why Indrani Mukherjea murdered my sister Sheena: Mikhail Bora
- OROP issue: With no breakthrough in sight, Army veterans may meet PM Narendra Modi today
- Sheena Bora murder case: All that we know about Indrani Mukherjea
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukherjea's former husband, Sanjeev Khanna, arrested by Mumbai Police