Amit Mishra leads from front as Haryana beat Delhi by 83 runs
Rohtak: Haryana captain Amit Mishra`s all-round show helped the hosts beat Delhi by 83 runs in a Ranji Trophy group B encounter at the Bansi Lal Stadium on Tuesday.
Chasing a target of 292 on the final day, Delhi were all-out for 209 losing their last six wickets for only 36 runs. India discard Mishra first smashed 74 in Haryana`s second innings and came back to grab four for 50 with important wickets of Rajat Bhatia, Puneet Bisht and Mithun Manhas.
From being comfortably placed at 173 for four in 44.4 overs, Delhi lost wickets in a heap to get all out in 67 overs.
Delhi with 11 points from five matches are on fourth position in Group B while Haryana opened their account with six points after three straight losses. They are now in seventh position.
Veteran Manhas continued his good form in the competition as he scored 73 off 149 balls with six boundaries and was the ninth batsman out for his side.
Manhas didn`t get any support save Bhatia (33) with whom he added 68 runs for the fifth wicket. The moment Bhatia was dismissed off Mishra`s bowling caught by Sachin Rana, the slide began.
Earlier, Haryana resumed from their overnight score of 167 for six adding another 42 runs with Mishra adding 24 runs to his overnight not out score of 50. He hit six fours and a six in his 111-ball knock. Sumit Narwal had best figures of five for 35 while left-arm spinner Vikas Mishra grabbed four wickets.
Brief Scores: Haryana 307 & 209 (Amit Mishra 74, Sumit Narwal 5/35, Vikas Mishra 4/64).
Delhi 224 & 209 (Mithun Manhas 73, Amit Mishra 4/50). Haryana won by 83 runs. Points: Haryana 6; Delhi 0.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray