Amit Mishra leads from front as Haryana beat Delhi by 83 runs
Rohtak: Haryana captain Amit Mishra`s all-round show helped the hosts beat Delhi by 83 runs in a Ranji Trophy group B encounter at the Bansi Lal Stadium on Tuesday.
Chasing a target of 292 on the final day, Delhi were all-out for 209 losing their last six wickets for only 36 runs. India discard Mishra first smashed 74 in Haryana`s second innings and came back to grab four for 50 with important wickets of Rajat Bhatia, Puneet Bisht and Mithun Manhas.
From being comfortably placed at 173 for four in 44.4 overs, Delhi lost wickets in a heap to get all out in 67 overs.
Delhi with 11 points from five matches are on fourth position in Group B while Haryana opened their account with six points after three straight losses. They are now in seventh position.
Veteran Manhas continued his good form in the competition as he scored 73 off 149 balls with six boundaries and was the ninth batsman out for his side.
Manhas didn`t get any support save Bhatia (33) with whom he added 68 runs for the fifth wicket. The moment Bhatia was dismissed off Mishra`s bowling caught by Sachin Rana, the slide began.
Earlier, Haryana resumed from their overnight score of 167 for six adding another 42 runs with Mishra adding 24 runs to his overnight not out score of 50. He hit six fours and a six in his 111-ball knock. Sumit Narwal had best figures of five for 35 while left-arm spinner Vikas Mishra grabbed four wickets.
Brief Scores: Haryana 307 & 209 (Amit Mishra 74, Sumit Narwal 5/35, Vikas Mishra 4/64).
Delhi 224 & 209 (Mithun Manhas 73, Amit Mishra 4/50). Haryana won by 83 runs. Points: Haryana 6; Delhi 0.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- New SC bench to hear 1993 Mumbai bomb blasts convict Yakub Memon's plea on Wednesday