Amol, Shalabh fightback for Vidarbha
Mysore: Amol Ubarhande hammered his maiden first class century while Shalabh Srivastava hit a fifty as the two batsman engineered a spectacular Vidarbha fightback against Karnataka on day three of their Ranji Trophy Group B match on Monday.
Coming together at 93 for two just before lunch, Ubarhande and Srivastava played with great purpose as Vidarbha reached 302 for two, still 317 runs behind the hosts.
Ubarhande and Srivastava were playing on 120 and 84 respectively when stumps were drawn for the day. They have racked up an unfinished 209 runs partnership for the third wicket so far.
Ubarhande has faced 243 balls and helped himself with 17 boundaries while Srivastava took 208 balls for his knock, which had 10 boundaries.
Karnataka, who desperately need an outright win for a chance to make it to the semis, went wicket-less in the second session of as Ubarhande and Srivastava dug in.
The first session produced 72 runs in 29 overs and Vidarbha were 499 behind the hosts` first innings total of 619 for eight declared.
Resuming the day from the overnight score of 48 for no loss, Vidarbha soon lost Faiz Fazal, caught by Ganesh Satish off Abhimanyu Mithun for 22.
Shiv Sundar Das, who played a sedate innings last evening, fell after he was snapped up by Manish Pandey off Stuart Binny for a well-made 53 runs off 136 balls with six boundaries.
With one day left in the game, Karnataka will seek to restrict Vidarbha to surpass an imposing first innings score of 619 for eight declared and not concede vital points to the visitors.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- DNA analysis of rising water crisis in India!
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- Check mahresult.nic.in for Maharashtra HSC Result 2015 to be announced at 1 pm on May 27
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt