Andhra consolidates position against Himachal
Nadaun: Amol Muzumdar (89) and Bodapati Sumanth (73) scored unbeaten half-centuries to lead Andhra Pradesh to a healthy 288-run lead against Himachal Pradesh in their Group C Ranji Trophy match here today.
Himachal lost five wickets for just 41 runs to be all out for 265 after beginning the day at 224 for five in response to Andhra`s first innings total of 372.
Andhra` second innings did not start well as they lost three wickets for just 18 runs with Rishi Dhawan bowling a fiery spell at Atal Bihari Vajpayee Stadium.
But Muzumdar and Sumanth lifted the side to 181 for three at the end of day.
The duo put on 163 runs for the unfinished fourth wicket.
Andhra 372 and 181/3 in 69 overs.((B Sumanth 73 batting, A Muzumdar 89 batting; R Dhawan 3/53)
Himachal Pradesh 1st innings: 265 all out.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- BJP-led NDA predicted to win 147 seats in Bihar Assembly Elections: Survey
- Can Lalu Prasad Yadav's elder son Tej be less in age than younger son Tejaswi?
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country would not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh