Andhra consolidates position against Himachal
Nadaun: Amol Muzumdar (89) and Bodapati Sumanth (73) scored unbeaten half-centuries to lead Andhra Pradesh to a healthy 288-run lead against Himachal Pradesh in their Group C Ranji Trophy match here today.
Himachal lost five wickets for just 41 runs to be all out for 265 after beginning the day at 224 for five in response to Andhra`s first innings total of 372.
Andhra` second innings did not start well as they lost three wickets for just 18 runs with Rishi Dhawan bowling a fiery spell at Atal Bihari Vajpayee Stadium.
But Muzumdar and Sumanth lifted the side to 181 for three at the end of day.
The duo put on 163 runs for the unfinished fourth wicket.
Andhra 372 and 181/3 in 69 overs.((B Sumanth 73 batting, A Muzumdar 89 batting; R Dhawan 3/53)
Himachal Pradesh 1st innings: 265 all out.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- `We are better than this,` Hillary Clinton tweets at Donald Trump
- Indian-American to raise $10 million for Donald Trump, hold mega rally
- No pressure despite Lewis Hamilton's surge, says Nico Rosberg
- Bahrain busts weapons depot, five men arrested for planning bombings
- Olympics 2016: Ban Russians from all Rio sports - US anti-doping boss