Andhra eyeing outright win against J&K
Jammu: Andhra will be eyeing an outright win over Jammu and Kashmir after taking an overall lead of 224 runs on the second day of their Ranji Trophy Group C match here on Sunday.
Jammu and Kashmir were 13 for no loss in their second essay after Andhra, led by skipper A G Pradeep`s 136, posted a total of 390 runs in their first innings.
Both Manish Dogra and Shubham Khajuria were batting at four each when the stumps were drawn.
Resuming the day at 118 for four, Andhra lost veteran Amol Muzumdar without any addition to the total. Hemal Watekar also did not last long as he fell to Rahil Sambyal on eight.
However, Pradeep stitched 124-run partnership for the seventh wicket with Sayed Shahabuddin (55) and then summed another 79-run stand with Rajesh Pawar (52) to take Andhra past 350 mark.
Jammu and Kashmir in their first innings had just managed 153 runs.
Jammu and Kashmir: 153 and 13 for no loss (Manish Dogra batting 4, Shubham Khajuria batting 4).
Andhra 1st innings: 390 all out in 112.1 overs (A G Pradeep 136, Amol Muzumdar 60; Ram Dayal 50/5).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!