Andhra on course for a quarterfinal berth in Ranji
Cuddapah: Amol Muzumdar scored a brilliant 146 to help Andhra Pradesh stay on course for a quarter-final berth as the hosts posted a challenging 329 in their first innings and then reduced Kerala to 55 for two on the second day of the Ranji Trophy Group C match here on Sunday.
Just one run short of a hundred yesterday, overnight batsman Muzumdar continued his good run and notched up his 30th hundred. His 263-ball innings also helped him to cross the 11,000-run mark in first class cricket.
Only two team from Group C will qualify for the knockout stage of the Ranji Trophy and Andhra with 21 points are firmly placed at the second postion in the points table, which is headed by Services.
Muzumdar almost single-handedly anchored the Andhra innings, shephering the tail-ender batsmen to help his team across the 300-mark.
He was the last batsman to be dismissed at an individual score of 146. He was cleaned up by Left-arm medium-fast bowler Chovvakkaran Shahid in the 109th over at the YS Raja Reddy Stadium here.
Paidikalva Vijaykumar then snapped two wickets as Kerela slipped to 25 for two in 7.5 overs.
At the draw of stumps, VA Jagadeesh and PR Prem were batting at 27 and 14 runs respectively.
Brief Score: Andhra 329 all out in 108.1 over (A Muzumdar 146; U Manukrishnan 3/87)
Kerela 55 for two in 18.2 overs (VA Jagadeesh batting 27; DP Vijaykumar 2/21).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- See what can Maggi do to your health!
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- CBSE 12th Results 2015: CBSE Board Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic class 12th XII board exam Results 2015 date announced
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- CBSE Board 10th Results 2015: Cbse.nic.in & Cbseresults.nic class 10th X board exam results 2015 date announced
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- Video of cops dancing with woman goes viral, inquiry ordered