Andhra on course for a quarterfinal berth in Ranji
Cuddapah: Amol Muzumdar scored a brilliant 146 to help Andhra Pradesh stay on course for a quarter-final berth as the hosts posted a challenging 329 in their first innings and then reduced Kerala to 55 for two on the second day of the Ranji Trophy Group C match here on Sunday.
Just one run short of a hundred yesterday, overnight batsman Muzumdar continued his good run and notched up his 30th hundred. His 263-ball innings also helped him to cross the 11,000-run mark in first class cricket.
Only two team from Group C will qualify for the knockout stage of the Ranji Trophy and Andhra with 21 points are firmly placed at the second postion in the points table, which is headed by Services.
Muzumdar almost single-handedly anchored the Andhra innings, shephering the tail-ender batsmen to help his team across the 300-mark.
He was the last batsman to be dismissed at an individual score of 146. He was cleaned up by Left-arm medium-fast bowler Chovvakkaran Shahid in the 109th over at the YS Raja Reddy Stadium here.
Paidikalva Vijaykumar then snapped two wickets as Kerela slipped to 25 for two in 7.5 overs.
At the draw of stumps, VA Jagadeesh and PR Prem were batting at 27 and 14 runs respectively.
Brief Score: Andhra 329 all out in 108.1 over (A Muzumdar 146; U Manukrishnan 3/87)
Kerela 55 for two in 18.2 overs (VA Jagadeesh batting 27; DP Vijaykumar 2/21).
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mumbai: Police arrests 4 schoolboys for raping classmate
- Haryana minister Anil Vij gets into spat with Fatehabad SP Sangeeta Kalia
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's full speech in Parliament
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's controversial statement on PoK
- DNA: Heart-wrenching stories of Kashmiri pandits
- Kim Jong-Un issues bizarre diktat, asks North Korean men to copy his hairstyle, women to follow his wife
- Muslim man sends 'talaq' SMS to wife after learning about her gang-rape
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's speech in Parliament on Constitution debate
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- ISL 2015: NorthEast United FC vs Delhi Dynamos - Preview