Andhra set to take first innings lead against Goa
Visakhapatnam: A six-wicket haul by Duvvarapu Shivkumar helped Andhra reduce Goa to 285 for nine in their first innings on the third and penultimate day of their Group C Ranji Trophy match on Monday.
Goa are still trailing Andhra by 108 runs with just one wicket in hand. Hence, in all likely the hosts, who scored 393 in their first essay will take the lead and finish this game, heading for a draw, with three points.
Starting the day on 72 for one, except for Ravikant Shukla, who top scored with 84 not out, none of the other visiting team batsmen could spend substantial time at the crease.
The wickets kept falling at one end while Shukla fought a lone battle.
Eventually, Shukla was left stranded on 84 not out off 181 balls, laced with eight fours and a six.
Andhra bowlers wreaked havoc with Shivkumar finishing the day with impressive figures of six for 41, while T Atchuta Rao claimed two and KS Sahabuddin took one.
Andhra 1st inngs: 393
Goa 1st inngs: 285 for nine in 111 overs (Ravikant Shukla not out 84; Duvvarapu Shivkumar 6/41, T Atchuta Rao 2/89).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trouble mounts for Salman Khan as driver reiterates that actor killed blackbuck
- PM Modi to chair NITI aayog meeting today
- Narsingh Yadav dope scandal: NADA set to announce verdict today
- Protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT: Hafiz Saeed
- Cabinet approves changes to GST Bill, drops 1% additional tax
- Stick to my statement that Salman Khan killed Chinkara, says 'missing' driver
- Terrorist captured in J&K's Kupwara district is Pakistani national from Lahore: Report
- No question of tampering with samples of shot putter Inderjeet Singh: NADA boss
- New Israeli settlement plans `provocative and counterproductive`: US