Andra grab three points against Tripura in Ranji Trophy
Anantapur: Andra Pradesh today registered three crucial points against Tripura, thanks to a 176-run first innings lead, in their Ranji Trophy Group C match as the visitors finished second innings at 170 for four on the fourth and final day here.
Tripura had scored 260 in their first innings but the hosts overhauled the total, amassing 436 for eight declared to take a lead of 176 runs yesterday.
Tripura, who were at an overnight score of 21 for no loss in their second innings yesterday, lost two quick wickets at the team score of 50.
But opener Subhrajit Roy kept the scoreboaring ticking with an 83-run fourth wicket partnership with Ajay Ratra to steady the innings.
He was the top-scorer with a 249-ball 81 which was laced with nine hits to the fence. Wicket-keeper batsman Ajay was unbeaten at 41 and Abhijit Dey was on 9 when the stumps were drawn for the last time today.
Tripura: 260 & 170/4 in 88.0 overs (S Roy 81; DP Vijaykumar 2/23)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Personality check: What is the colour of your eyes?
- Govt blocks over 800 porn websites – complete list