Anshul, Yashpal`s ton put Services in command
Agartala: Anshul Gupta and Yashpal Singh scored unbeaten centuries to guide Services to 277 for three against Tripura at stumps on the opening day of their third round Ranji Trophy Group C match here on Saturday.
While Anshul ended the day unbeaten on 112 off 211 balls, Yashpal remained unconquered on 110 which came off 191 deliveries.
As matter of fact, both Anshul and Yashpal decorated their innings with identical 14 boundaries and two sixes.
However, the start was far from rosy for Services after electing to bat as they lost their first three wickets -- Pratik Desai (30), skipper Soomik Chatarjee and Soumya Swain -- with the scoreboard reading just 66.
Thereafter, it was all Services as Anshul and Yashpal joined hands to forge the unbroken 211-run fourth wicket partnership to deny any more headway to Tripura bowlers.
Services: 277 for three in 86 overs (Anshul Gupta 112 batting, Yashpal Singh 110 batting; Rana Dutta 1/39).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Gurdaspur terror attack: Blow-by-blow account
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- Cricket series can't happen along with terror attacks: Anurag Thakur warns PCB