Assam in command against Andhra despite Muzumdar`s ton
Guwahati: Assam were in a comfortable position at the end of second day`s play in the Group C Ranji Trophy match against Andhra here on Sunday.
At stumps, the hosts were 166 for two, just 83 runs behind Andhra`s first-innings total of 249 all out with eight wickets in hand.
Sibsankar Roy top-scored for Assam with a knock of 72 while Pallavkumar Das was unbeaten on 49 when the stumps were drawn at the Nehru Stadium.
Giving Das company was Amit Sinha on 20.
For the visitors, Amol Muzumdar struck an unbeaten 108 off 231 balls. The veteran batsman from Mumbai hit 12 fours and a six during his 403-minute stay at the crease.
Muzumdar was batting on 82 when Andhra resumed their innings from overnight 214 for eight.
Arup Das was the most successful Assam bowler, finishing with figures of four for 61.
Andhra 1st innings: 249 all out in 89.5 overs (Amol Muzumdar not out 108, Bodapati Sumanth 57; Atup Das 4/61)
Assam 1st innings: 166 for two in 69 overs (Sibsankar Roy 72).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis on Ishrat Jahan encounter case
- DNA: After JNU, anti-India slogans at Delhi’s Press Club of India
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Headley's revelations: Will politicos who termed Ishrat Jahan 'beti' now apologise?- Part II
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal