Assam in command against Andhra despite Muzumdar`s ton
Guwahati: Assam were in a comfortable position at the end of second day`s play in the Group C Ranji Trophy match against Andhra here on Sunday.
At stumps, the hosts were 166 for two, just 83 runs behind Andhra`s first-innings total of 249 all out with eight wickets in hand.
Sibsankar Roy top-scored for Assam with a knock of 72 while Pallavkumar Das was unbeaten on 49 when the stumps were drawn at the Nehru Stadium.
Giving Das company was Amit Sinha on 20.
For the visitors, Amol Muzumdar struck an unbeaten 108 off 231 balls. The veteran batsman from Mumbai hit 12 fours and a six during his 403-minute stay at the crease.
Muzumdar was batting on 82 when Andhra resumed their innings from overnight 214 for eight.
Arup Das was the most successful Assam bowler, finishing with figures of four for 61.
Andhra 1st innings: 249 all out in 89.5 overs (Amol Muzumdar not out 108, Bodapati Sumanth 57; Atup Das 4/61)
Assam 1st innings: 166 for two in 69 overs (Sibsankar Roy 72).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- Hafiz Saeed teaching terrorism to children in Pakistan
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Bigg Boss double trouble: Four lovebirds, one former couple inside the house
- Five ways to get pregnant fast!